Suggest a Headlight Sealant

goldenlight

Reaction score
I mastered restoring headlights, however after about 6 months the haze returns. Is there anything better then Meguiars Headlight protectant? Feed back please

I have a similar problem. So for the time being I offer a lifetime warranty.

Any coating good for plastic would work. Although for now I'm just using DP PC sealant or HD POXY

OptiLens has been on a 2002 Corolla I restored about a year ago still looks good.

Pricey but it should last several applications

I have some GTechniq g5 left over thinking about using that since its safe for Perspex( plastic)

Opti Lens, but thinking about using Dlux.

Not to sure of that one. I tried DLux on smooth black plastic and it rainbowed pretty bad. I had to use compound to get the stuff off. I have read good and bad on Opti lens so that is a toss up.

Dave

Used Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating on three vehicles earlier this year.
So far, they lookin' good. :xyxthumbs:

Not to sure of that one. I tried DLux on smooth black plastic and it rainbowed pretty bad. I had to use compound to get the stuff off. I have read good and bad on Opti lens so that is a toss up.

Dave

Could you elaborate on the bad reviews?

Get a can of 1k clear coating paint. 2k clear will last a lot longer

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Could you elaborate on the bad reviews?

A few detailers on clients vehicles noted the yellowing coming back in 3-6 months. My thoughts would be that you would have to try it your self to actually determine if it would be good or bad. Like every other product self evaluation is the key. If Opti-Coat works for you then great, if it doesn't it would fall into the disappointing product buy (not like most of us have some of those laying around).

Dave

Get a can of 1k clear coating paint. 2k clear will last a lot longer

I have heard and seen a video on this process with 2k clear. I would imagine as long as the prep was done right it would be the best/long lasting solution. The part I do not remember is if wet sanding and polishing was required afterward to eliminate orange peel. Either way I would remove the lights to do this process.

Dave

If you are going to use a 2 part clear hence the name 2k clear. Wearing a respirator is a must. The fumes from the 2k clear are toxic to human and will damage your lungs if not out right kill you. Using 2k clear must be done with a respirator and in an extremely well ventilated area.

Back