PDA

View Full Version : The "New" Rupes interior inspection light

HUMP DIESEL
09-22-2014, 08:23 AM
Rupes Swirl Finder Pen Light (http://www.autogeek.net/rupes-swirl-finder-pen-light.html)

Okay, I know that the link is for the swirl finder light, but I wanted to let you guys and gals know that this light is a killer for working on interiors as well. I used mine yesterday to really get down and be able to see things that the regular shop light just would not let me see. I found small areas that I missed and was able to rectify just because I took the time to use this little gem to investigate. I am also teaching my son now and I have to show him that you really need to get down into the vehicle and get the small areas.

HUMP

Dr_Pain
09-22-2014, 10:26 AM
I would say that the Flex light is equally impressive :) That zoomable feature lets you dial in how much light you want.

I would love to have Rupes light to compare the both but....

HUMP DIESEL
09-22-2014, 11:35 AM
I would say you are probably right Doc. I think the moral would be that you could even use a standard flashlight, but I had the Pen light on hand, so I used it. I also have a high lumen bicycle light that I use on occasion and it puts off a very bright white light. It will find swirls and squirrels if you want it to.

HUMP