Lexus HS250, CQuartzUK and Full interior

HUMP DIESEL

Reaction score
Lexus HS250, CQuartzUK and Full interior

So this weekend, I picked up a clients car for the shop. The client got in touch with me so I went by to inspect the vehicle. She told me that she wanted to car detailed, because she wanted this one to last. I told her that it would be best then to correct the paint and then coat the exterior and wheels so that it would protect it much longer. She agreed, but she also wanted interior and the paint chips (MANY) fixed on the front. I told her it would take me a little time to gather the products and that I would let her know a weekend that I could pick it.

So here we go.

Items used:
Dr. Colorchip, custom ordered for her paint color.
CquartzUK
OptiCoat 2.0 that I had left over (Wheels)
Menzerna FG400
Rupes 15 with Green pads
Rupes 3" mini with Blue and Green pads
Various other tools and items.

Here she is the day I picked it up.

Interior pics:

Not a lot can be taken from this pic, but there were numerous areas that needed attention. The leather was a very light color and as such, it needed some cleaning to get back. The steering wheel and middle console had make up and other spots.

Foam it down

Iron Out

Trunk showing some imperfections

Corrected, one step, Menzeran FG400 and Rupes Green pad.
Still astonished the level of correction and finishing capability of this compound.

Side shot

Reflection in rear quarter

Getting ready to start coating

Two coats of CQuartzUK, let it cure overnight.

Nooks and Crannies

Interior after, Matte is where its at!

Door card

Trunk as well

Exterior outside finals

Wheels were coated with OC 2.0.

Final touches to the tires

Drove the vehicle back to owner. She was very happy with the results.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

A few take aways from this one. The Menzerna FG400 is one killer product, I have been using it for a while and it still amazes me on light colored vehicles what it can do and how well it can finish down. I used the green Rupes pads on the majority of the vehicle. I used the blue ones on the mini to get the same level of correction, but even they finished down perfect.
CQuartzUK is a very easy to use product. I used the provided applicator and suede cloths and was never disappointed in how evenly it went on and also how easy it was to keep tabs on it while it flashed. Very good product that I will be using again.
On the interior.
You can read my post about the Rupes Swirl Finder light and how I used it to great effect on the inside of the vehicle looking under seats and getting to those areas that with the lighting in the shop I could not see.
I also would say that it will be a cold day in HE-- before I give up my steamer. That thing just makes cleaning and interior so much easier.

HUMP

Wow! Incredible one step results with FG400! I agree. FG400 is really something. That Lexus looks proper now! Thanks for sharing.

Wait till we can get our hands on the new Menzerna SC300!!!

Do tell? SC300?

What was really surprising Mike, was the fact that the green pads are pretty aggressive, but with the right technique, I was able to achieve some great results that surprised me.

I love Menzerna. I have others, and have used others, but Menzerna just simply works.

HUMP

Amazing work on that delicate canvas it looks like new but only better

P.S where you able to get your significant other that Lexus truck by any chance..

How long do you wait between coats? Do you use reload for both coats?

jamesboyy,Yes, we purchased the RX350 not long after I posted about it and she loves it. But.....I have CQuartz UK, Dlux and CarPro Flyby30 to coat it with. That was one thing she stated right off the bat, that it was to be fully coated.

HA!

Tector- I went back straight away with coat number two. I think you can wait, but I also think that it offers the ability to get a better coat over the whole vehicle to go ahead and do the second coat.
I used Reload the next morning. The cars stay inside on multi day details, under lock and alarm.
I can tell you this, I tried to tape off an area around the headlights, and the tape would not even stick to the paint.

HUMP

Tector- I went back straight away with coat number two. I think you can wait, but I also think that it offers the ability to get a better coat over the whole vehicle to go ahead and do the second coat.
I used Reload the next morning. The cars stay inside on multi day details, under lock and alarm.

I like that method. It makes more sense than using Reload an hour after application. I have standard Cquartz on my DD and I am so impressed I plan to coat my "good" car. I never thought I would be a coating advocate.

Fantastic job on that Lexus. Glad you enjoyed your application of Cquartz UK.

I have to tell you, for me, on anything that gets driven on a daily basis, I would go coating, and I am even starting to lean more toward cars that don't get taken out as much....But, there is still an area in me that likes really high end wax on certain vehicles.
That being said, right now, I have only one vehicle out of four at home that is coated, but the other three are on the list. My wife's vehicle especially and then the Camry that my son will be driving. I also have my truck, but it will take a good bit to get it ready for coating. That may be a winter detail and write-up.

HUMP
CAROLINA AUTO IMAGE
On Insta and FB

jamesboyy,Yes, we purchased the RX350 not long after I posted about it and she loves it. But.....I have CQuartz UK, Dlux and CarPro Flyby30 to coat it with. That was one thing she stated right off the bat, that it was to be fully coated.

HA!

HUMP

Congratulations Hump glad to hear you was able to get that Lexus, and fully coating the vehicle is the best way to go any day, once again congratulations, and happy detailing my friend

Do tell? SC300?

What was really surprising Mike, was the fact that the green pads are pretty aggressive, but with the right technique, I was able to achieve some great results that surprised me.

I love Menzerna. I have others, and have used others, but Menzerna just simply works.

HUMP

Menzerna just made an official release on three new products at the German AutoMechanika show in Frankfurt last week.

New compound stronger than FG400, new AIO, and QD.

Here is a thread I made on the release.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/85129-boom-menzerna-raises-bar-again.html

something about a Lexus when they are all nice and cleaned up. very nice work on this one

You got that right, I love my own Lexus, and not my wife has one. My next purchase will probably be another one. Too bad they don't make a 4 x4 Truck, I would buy one of those. I guess I could buy a Tundra and put a Lexus emblem on it....LOLLL!!!!

HUMP

Back