6) sealent
7) wax

8) clean and dress wheels
9) wash and polish windows and headlights plus pillars
10) clean all jams

interior

1) vacuum
2) steam and shampoo carpets and seats plus steam headliner
3) clean/protect interior (dash/doors ect)

usually charge $250 . am i getting ripped off ? lol i live in newyork most work comes from longisland , dont use cheap products, chemical guys, wolfgang, griots, rupes polisher, dupray steam

sparkism13
10-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Wow, that's a lot of steps for $250. It would take me two days to do all that. Some of the steps seem redundant too (polish and glaze, sealant then wax?) or more for a concours auto. For practical detailing of every day drivers and eapecially for $250, I'd say replace all the polishing steps with a one step AIO product and vary aggressivemess based on pad choice. In short, yes, you're ripping yourself off if you're doing all that for $250.

af90
10-07-2014, 09:23 PM
You need to decide on what the goal is based on the customer. 90-95% improvement? Go with a two-step. If not then a one step may be an option, if just a shine is wanted and they're willing to pay why not use an AIO?

joegralto
10-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Wow, that's a lot of steps for $250. It would take me two days to do all that. Some of the steps seem redundant too (polish and glaze, sealant then wax?) or more for a concours auto. For practical detailing of every day drivers and eapecially for $250, I'd say replace all the polishing steps with a one step AIO product and vary aggressivemess based on pad choice. In short, yes, you're ripping yourself off if you're doing all that for $250.

thats how i feel i just like things to be perfect thats what separates me from others, here in ny you can go to a reg car wash for 100 dollars they do a bs detail but people dont want to spend alot of money , all in one products might be a good idea thanks for the post

joegralto
10-07-2014, 09:26 PM
You need to decide on what the goal is based on the customer. 90-95% improvement? Go with a two-step. If not then a one step may be an option, if just a shine is wanted and they're willing to pay why not use an AIO?

im trying to show people theres more to a detail then making car shine , 10 dollars can make a car shine im trying to teach people the defects they dont realize they have, i see alot of nice cars bmws, lex ect withhorrible paint swirlssss every where , poeple know if they want a shine go to car wash i think i can sell my work if i show diffrent point of view

sparkism13
10-07-2014, 09:28 PM
thats how i feel i just like things to be perfect thats what separates me from others, here in ny you can go to a reg car wash for 100 dollars they do a bs detail but people dont want to spend alot of money , all in one products might be a good idea thanks for the post

That's fine and I bet you can tell the difference, but I bet your $250 customer will not be able to distingiush between a 6 step process and a good 2 step. Save the concerted effort for those select customers willing to pay for it!

joegralto
10-07-2014, 09:29 PM
That's fine and I bet you can tell the difference, but I bet your $250 customer will not be able to distingiush between a 6 step process and a good 2 step. Save the concerted effort for those select customers willing to pay for it!

this is true your a genius lol , i am going to look for an all in one product now

sparkism13
10-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Just curious, how long does it take you to do all that with a compounding on an average-sized sedan?

sparkism13
10-07-2014, 09:37 PM
this is true your a genius lol , i am going to look for an all in one product now

Hey, I have seen the light. I just used the Meguair's DA system for the first time and talk about a paint transformation! It's amazing what products with current technology can do. And my car was severly neglected. If I were to do this professionally (which I couldn't!), this would be my primary tool to attack daily drivers in need of correction. For minor swirls or less correction, I'd try AIO and pad combos for varying levels of correction and/or just cleaning.

AeroCleanse
10-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Way too cheap IMHO. The compounding / polishing alone would be way more than $250

joegralto
10-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Just curious, how long does it take you to do all that with a compounding on an average-sized sedan?

all day lol around 6 to 8 hours only stopping for quick lunch

joegralto
10-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Hey, I have seen the light. I just used the Meguair's DA system for the first time and talk about a paint transformation! It's amazing what products with current technology can do. And my car was severly neglected. If I were to do this professionally (which I couldn't!), this would be my primary tool to attack daily drivers in need of correction. For minor swirls or less correction, I'd try AIO and pad combos for varying levels of correction and/or just cleaning.

just imagin what a rupes big foot would do lol all machines are good though i heard portocable and griots da are great

Pureshine
10-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Take look at my website will give you a good what to charge.

Evan.J
10-07-2014, 10:17 PM
For all of that I am up over $1400

joegralto
10-07-2014, 10:20 PM
For all of that I am up over $1400

1400 ?lol i am doing local driving cars not 300,000 dollar cars, 250 i figure 50 in lunch an product so i make 200 in a days work on my day off im happy but i know its a lil to low but 1400 #### i wont have no customers lol