PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed at all w/ klasse AIO

Pages : [1] 2

cc rider
10-11-2014, 06:35 PM
This is on a black truck. I washed with PB S&S (which does a very good job) , clayed , then applied the AIO. During the time I was working I stopped to take a look. I got down and looked at the side of the vehicle. I did not see a difference between the clean and dry panels and the panels that had the AIO applied to it.

sparkism13
10-11-2014, 06:44 PM
By hand or machine? What is the condition of your paint and what was your expectation? No difference as in swirl reduction, gloss.....?

cc rider
10-11-2014, 07:50 PM
By hand. Paint is in decent condition. It's 2014. I just expected more of a wet look or at least a difference from what I mentioned. It was as if I never put it on. I am a newbie but I followed the directions. I put a coat of hgklasse sealant on too. It is squeaky clean. I'm going to put a coat of collinite 476 tomorrow.

Audios S6
10-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Klasse AIO is great for chemically cleaning paint, but a 2014 probably won't benefit substantially from an AIO such as this. The sealant glaze should boost the look though

cc rider
10-11-2014, 09:07 PM
I think I did notice a difference with the sealant. a little cool out (50s) but today was the only day I could really do it and here in ny Itsnydon't get many days at above 60 this time of year. I do think I removed it too quickly though. I didn't let it sit more than a couple minutes. But I've seen where people had a he'll of a time removing it. It says on the bottle to allow to dry. The forum says about half an hour. I think I'm going to apply another coat tomorrow before I throw the collinite on. This time I'll let it sit for half hour then let it cure before I put the wax on.

Moldavite
10-11-2014, 09:21 PM
I use collinite 915 top on 845 on my black and was thinking to try KSG or hydro2 :)

expdetailing
10-11-2014, 09:24 PM
You could put pure sealant on the pad with the aio if you still need to chemically clean the paint.

jamesboyy
10-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Why you are right here in NY you don't see above 60s at this time thought applying another coat is IMO the right way to go
However the collinite 845 should add a nice shine, with potential depth...good luck, and happy detailing

EVOlved
10-12-2014, 01:24 AM
What part of ny are you in?

ScottB
10-12-2014, 07:54 AM
AIO is more about cleaning and prepping the paint, only a little sealant in it. Use the SG (silver bottle). The two together make a bulletproof sealant with months of protection. I like to use Sonus Acrylic Spray over them for addtl good looks.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
10-12-2014, 08:05 AM
http://www.incrediblydetailed.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Klasse-AIO-Pad-Before-And-After.jpg

This was after using Klasse AIO on a 2003 VW GTI. The paint was washed and clayed prior to using Klasse by machine.

This is the condition of the paint afterwards...

http://www.incrediblydetailed.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/2003-VW-GTI-Swirls-Rear-Drivers.jpg

http://www.incrediblydetailed.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/2003-VW-GTI-Swirls-Hood.jpg

It does remove very light hazing/swirls but it's not what you're going to want to use on a brand new car. I love Klasse AIO.

TroyScherer
10-12-2014, 08:26 AM
As others have said. KAIO is more of a chemical cleaner that an AIOS as most think about it. It is really just a base for KSG.

If you are using KSGA then you really need 2-3 layers to be the optimal look and protection. The first coat seals while the next few layers add to the look and protection.

cc rider
10-12-2014, 10:53 AM
western 1 hour from buffalo

What part of ny are you in?

The Guz
10-12-2014, 12:32 PM
All these guys have provided good info. As I mentioned in your other thread if your intent is to remove swirls and scratches, your best bet is to use an abrasive polish.

By the way 2-3 coats as stated is what makes KSG look great.

Garyhw48
10-12-2014, 01:19 PM
As others have said. KAIO is more of a chemical cleaner that an AIOS as most think about it. It is really just a base for KSG.

If you are using KSGA then you really need 2-3 layers to be the optimal look and protection. The first coat seals while the next few layers add to the look and protection.

This gentleman has it nailed. I have used it for years and multiple coats is the key to Klasse. It's hard as nails and lasts better than a lot of sealants considering how old the product is. It came out in the 70's. It's been so long I can't remember all of the details but it was advertised in collector car magazines years ago and we ordered it from California.

Like you said let it dry completely before you wipe off the haze and put on multiple coats 24 hours apart. I always put on 3 coats of SG and the gloss increases with each coat. I prefer to wipe it off dry, so not to dilute it, but others use a detailer spray mist to make it easier to wipe off. Don't give up just yet.