Vinylx on coated leather?

BTLew81

Reaction score
303 is suggested for coated leather and vinylx seems to be a similar product. Actually, I really like vinylx. Any issues using this on coated leather?

I work for 303, Vinylex is a good product and should be fine on coated leather. I don't know, but I doubt they have the amount of UV protection 303 does.

I would venture to guess that since Vinylex is a Lexol brand they don't recommend it on leather because they would prefer you buy their leather product as well. Chemically I don't think their is a reason you can't use it. It comes down to preference.

Ultimately you should call them direct and do a test spot. I'm not intimate with their formulations, but have used the product before

Thank you. I am assuming that it will work just fine, and I agree that they may not suggest it based on the fact they make a leather product, which I think is useless on leather that is coated.

Thank you. I am assuming that it will work just fine, and I agree that they may not suggest it based on the fact they make a leather product, which I think is useless on leather that is coated.

I would agree, I typically just clean and use a protectant on my leather in my expedition.

Back