Removing buffer trails by hand?

Sherif

Reaction score
The sad story:
Dealer washed my Grand Cherokee and put a couple of scratches on the hood (my 1st. mistake here! I always tell them not to wash it but I forgot this time) and that pissed me off when I went to pick it up so they said don't worry we'll remove the scratches right away (my 2nd mistake! I shouldn't let them touch it again)..
So they took it back inside the workshop and by the time I got there to see what they're doing, their "detailer" had already finished his job! he just hacked it with his Rotary and huge wool pad..
I checked the hood and it looked ok, it was smooth and scratches were gone but next day while parked under sunlight I noticed the buffer trails :(
It's on a small section only 2x1'

The question:
Is it possible to remove the buffer trails by hand?

What I have:
EZ Grip Hydro-Tech Hand Applicators
Pinnacle Polishin’ Pal Combo
Microfiber Applicator Pad
Wolfgang Über Compound
Wolfgang TSR
Optimum Finish Polish

TIA Feed back please

•No polisher (PC) means you've got your work cut out for you...But it can be done!
-Time consuming process.
-Afterwards: There should be a noticeable improvement in the musculature of your shoulder(s). :D

•I like your choices in product applicators.

Good luck!

Bob

Small area so not too bad.

You can easily do that by hand using a compound and a small pad then use a polish.
All by hand.

Meguiars UC works wonders in a situation as you have.
Lucky it wasn't the entire car that was damaged.
Good luck.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AG Online

Sorry to hear about the hackdamage to your ride at the dealer.

I dropped mine at the dealer yesterday and then was shuttled back to work by a young man that does the washing of customers cars. I asked extensively about the washing process they use (i've experienced what you have before).

They either put it in a machine 95% to hack it up or hack it by hand.

I made them write NO WASH on my ticket with a thick black magic marker. Can't miss that....well. maybe not. hopefully not.
They're gonna wash my car.........

That stinks man, good luck!

I am hoping I've already instilled "crazy OCD costumer" enough in my new dealership that they will NEVER touch my car.
I of course will also tell them and leave a giant poster in it to not do so when the time comes for service :xyxthumbs:

Thanks guys, I'll try working it by hand next weekend and if that didn't do, I'll take it to a detailer who knows how to use his machines and products..
Till then I'll try to avoid parking under sunlight so I won't see that little disaster!
I really hate that dealer, the service manager and advisors are very nice to me even though I'm OCD and a PITA to them but the technicians and workers inside their workshop are just a bunch of reckless idiots..

I favor non-diminishing polishes when working by hand. I don't feel like they breakdown well by hand

Both Uber and TSR are DAT

I would try the TSR by hand. Work it with some "Passion Behind the Pad". Read Mike Phillips thread on polishing by hand first.

If that does not work, I would grab some Meguiar's Ultimate Polish and give that a go

Back