Newby needs advice!

BigBill

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My parents just bought a new pearl white SUV. Want to send them some car care items, and was hoping you guys could help me send them the right stuff. Experts, please tell me what to get and I will get it. Have done some reading and this is what I have so far. Is there something better, or as good for less $$$. Please let me know...

Cleaning:
Pinnacle body shampoo
Bucket w/grit guard
Supreme microfiber mitts
Pinnacle black onyx tire dressing.
Drying:
2 Guzzlers
Leather:
Leatherique Kit

Thanks for any advice!! :urtheman:

Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo Car Wash
5 Gallon Professional Wash Bucket with Grit Guard - CLEAR
Supreme Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt, microfiber wash mitt, washing mitt
Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing, tire protectant, tire dressing
The Guzzler Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towel by Cobra is a better drying towel than a chamois, or terry cloth towel. Microfiber makes the best
leatherique kit

looks like a good start! Educate them on wash technique with the grit guard(second bucket for two-bucket method) and keeping the mitt super clean at ALL times i.e bag it when dry...check out the how to vids on the store page and read up here for all the info you would ever want! Welcome to AGO!:welcome:

Bill
I say it depends on how keen your olds are at putting time into making their motor look great.
Your list looks to be maintainence type products, which will be fine, with the SUV being new.
Once the new car shine dulls off, there are some cool waxes for white and light colours. Like Dodo Diamond white.
That might make for a good gift come christmas
Chow Trev

Thanks for the welcome and advice. This is indeed for maintenance washing, etc..and to help protect the new paint and keep it looking good.

Does it make a difference with shampoo if washing a pearl white car vs a black, or is that just for waxing? Also, do you guys like the tire gel better than the tire dressing? Do they pretty much do the same thing? Thanks!

Also, my parents rarely (if ever) wax their car. Are there specific shampoos that would be better for this situation. Thanks again.

Back