Really really dirty rims - Please HELP?!

Thlian

Reaction score
haven`t washed my car for 3 weeks, been on vacation and driven a lot. So tried to wash yesterday, ok the car need a good clayjob too but I concentrated on the rims then! But f****** ay, they are impossible to get clean, it`s almost like the brake dust has burned into the chrome, if it has then I`m worried! Anyway, I`ve tried powerful degreaser, hot rims all wheel cleaner and clay but no luck. It seems impossible, so I desperate need some help here, I need those wheels clean.....

.....and now I`ve also tried Meguiars NXT All Metal Polish, it takes away a lot, but not nearly all :confused:

Try some Blue Magic Metal Polish Cream. If you can stand the smell of it, its a damn good product. Apply it with MF and some elbow grease.

Last edited by a moderator:
wenol blue polish, p21s polishing soap. There are other more agressive ways but for now try polishes, I dont think that a cleaner will get it off.

Yep, like above, PB Spray and Rinse cleaner will do the job. Just spray, let it sit, then spray them off with high pressure water.

I too would probably suggest using the P21S Polishing Soap first. Poorboys is great but very strong.

No, P21S and Poorboys is two totally different companies. Cant go wrong with either of their wheel cleaners.

Back