PDA

View Full Version : DLux on smooth plastic

spewking
11-01-2014, 07:12 AM
Is DLux intended for application to smooth plastic such as front air dams or side mirror housings? I don't need any color restoration but needed your advice about improved protection for these areas. Protection and ease of cleaning of bugs and other road trash is my interest.

I am using 4*UPP now and reapply more often to these areas, but didn't know if DLux offered improved benefit.

Thanks.

Moldavite
11-01-2014, 08:37 AM
i heard it's good for exterior plastic/trim/metal/rims
expected durability at least 1 year

i'm mine getting this week :)

davidc
11-01-2014, 08:42 AM
I tried it on the wife's Sienna and it streaked badly on smooth plastic. It had a lot of rainbows in it. One thing I can say is it must be very durable as it took compound to get it off. I have used it on textured plastic with no ill effects.

Dave

swanicyouth
11-01-2014, 09:02 AM
You can use it on smooth plastic just fine. Yes it tends to streak a bit. However, if applied correctly - you would have to look at it under a magnifying glass to see any imperfections in the application.

IMHO it's the preferred product for almost anywhere it can be used because the durability and beading is unrivaled.

Here are son pics of a DLux application. It's on all plastics and the metal wiper arms.

Mizzoutiger
11-01-2014, 10:19 AM
I've used DLux on smooth and textured plastic w/no problems. As you'd expect, prep and proper application are key.