Wash technique

frankprozzoly

Reaction score
What would be the difference between washing with a shampoo or rinseless if you hose the car off first.

I guess it wouldn't really be a rinseless. If you hose off the car then take a soaking wet rinseless towel or mitt and wipe down.

I would think that's just two different products rather than two different wash methods.

Even if you hosed the rinseless off it would be pretty much the same. I'm just thinking out loud. I actually have done this a couple times

I still hose the car 1st before rinseless /waterless wash :)

Lol either I need more coffee this morning or I turned into a blond overnight. Rinse off rinseless.

Nobody gets to have that one. I coined it, rinse off rinseless

Why not..
I prefer to hose the car down when its dirtier than normal even when doing a rinseless wash. It takes off the bulk of the dirt, ensuring a comparatively safer wash.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AG Online

+1 on the rinse before rinseless. Since I have SPNS on, the first rinse gets rid of 80% of the dirt. And, like stated, leads to a much safer wash.

Right hosing before I do but it sounds silly to rinse off the rinseless.

IMHO hosing off before, while I understand the motivation, defeats the benefits of a rinseless wash, which are for washing your vehicle in jurisdictions prohibiting use of a hose ie. water conservation, washing at apartments or other locations probhiting car washing and travel where a hose may not be available. I would think for those using a rinseless wash, it should be done more frequently to keep excess dirt at bay. Otherwise might as well use the tried and true 2- bucket wash.

^ It may defeat the benefits of a rinseless wash, but it doesn't defeat the benefit of minimizing marring and scratches - I'll take the later. I'll leave the benefits of a rinseless wash for others.

Right on both those statements. But I do try and do rinseless twice a week so the car is pretty clean

^ It may defeat the benefits of a rinseless wash, but it doesn't defeat the benefit of minimizing marring and scratches - I'll take the later. I'll leave the benefits of a rinseless wash for others.

I agree as a rinseless wash is not without it's risks and that is why I use the two bucket wash at home, where I am un-restricted and I save the rinseless wash for when I travel.

Rinse-less Wash - Rinse-less = wash.

I like math.

Not true. You don't rinse off polymer / rinseless based soaps; hence the term "rinseless wash". Surfactant / detergent soaps must be rinsed off. Wether or not you pressure wash the car first is of no regard IMHO - it just changes the baseline of how much potentially marring dirt is on the car before you touch it.

Not true. You don't rinse off polymer / rinseless based soaps; hence the term "rinseless wash". Surfactant / detergent soaps must be rinsed off. Wether or not you pressure wash the car first is of no regard IMHO - it just changes the baseline of how much potentially marring dirt is on the car before you touch it.

Right. So if you remove the rinse-less-ness of the wash from the wash what are you left with, other than the wash itself? None i say.

pay me no mind man i got like 4 hours of sleep last night and we're dead at work.

I think he's pointing out my dumb statement from the beginning. It's not a rinseless wash if you rinse it off

You can rinse before rinseless but rinsing off the rinseless isn't rinseless anymore.

IMHO hosing off before, while I understand the motivation, defeats the benefits of a rinseless wash, which are for washing your vehicle in jurisdictions prohibiting use of a hose ie. water conservation, washing at apartments or other locations probhiting car washing and travel where a hose may not be available. I would think for those using a rinseless wash, it should be done more frequently to keep excess dirt at bay. Otherwise might as well use the tried and true 2- bucket wash.
I just rinse at the local pay-n-spray before doing a waterless or rinseless wash in my parkade. Get the majority of the grime off first... legally. :)

Before coffee, this thread didn't make sense. Now after 3 shots of espresso, the fog's lifting. A little...maybe.... Oh well, I have another excuse for another cup!!

Back