Birdpoop on bumper

chipmb2985

Reaction score
My front bumper has encountered bird poop. I removed it with water and then spraying quick detailed and pulling it off.

Felt like I did this properly, however there's an etching left. Tried a couple applications of SctachX with a microfober applicator and still there. Any suggestions?
DF2168A6-34E6-4E1F-B989-4BA37C305520_zpsowcjlrmn.jpg

I can't guarantee this part will help, but try putting some baking soda paste on there and let it sit a while to try and neutralize any acids, than wash that off and wipe with IPA.

Beyond that you are going to have to polish it enough to remove the etching--it doesn't look that bad. I haven't used the current version of ScratchX, you could try some Ultimate Compound or Ultimate Polish.

The other question is--did you use Mike Phillips' method of putting some passion behind the pad?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-little-passion-behind-pad-mike-phillips.html

Thanks, I've tried it with medium pressure. It definetly improved the etching.

I'll try going back over it with some more pressure. I worked on it last night and shined an led light on it. It actually looked like it was gone until the sun shined on it this morning.

Bird poop always etches into my paint. It's waxed too.

Back