PDA

View Full Version : Found great way to clean CCS pockets from polish residue

Pages : [1] 2

ZoranC
08-16-2007, 12:52 AM
One thing I hate about cleaning CCS pads is polish residue that cakes on at the bottom of the pockets. Agitating it by hand doesn't help much. Some use small brushes but that is too slow for me (I am slow, what can I do).

Well, yesterday I had an idea. We use mf to wipe off polish residue. I have some of those mf gloves AG, among others, sells. I looked at glove, then I looked at pad, and then I said to myself "This is rough enough to take that residue off yet gentle enough not to damage pad, let's give it a try" and proceeded to wash pads agitating them by hand wearing those gloves.

Bingo! They got perfectly cleaned in no time flat so you might want to give this a try too!

klumzypinoy
08-16-2007, 12:55 AM
WOW ZoranC>....that's a great idea! I should get me some MF gloves to clean my pads! You are a genius :D. I've been using kitchen gloves, the yellow ones with some kinda grid looking thing, but MF GLove sounds like it grabs better.

Bence
08-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Or use the spiky, thin (like needles) strong jet of a multi-pattern hose nozzle...

DantheMan
08-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Toothbrush for me..

pirex
08-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Smart tips! Thanks ;)

ZoranC
08-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Or use the spiky, thin (like needles) strong jet of a multi-pattern hose nozzle...
Did not work for me.

pt91
08-21-2007, 09:25 PM
dawn power dissolver works very well on all foam pads.

ZoranC
08-22-2007, 01:20 AM
dawn power dissolver works very well on all foam pads.
Have you tried it with caked on polish in pockets of CCS pads?

Tragu
08-22-2007, 05:59 AM
I try not to let the polish dry on it. I have my sink filled with water so when I am done with a pad I spray either dawn power disolve or pad cleaner so it dosent dry then I bring them in when done polishing and put them in water for a while then I rinse and squeeze a bunch fo times and they are clewan I also have the brush that works on the little that might not get taken care of.

pt91
08-22-2007, 06:56 AM
Have you tried it with caked on polish in pockets of CCS pads?

all of the time

ZoranC
08-22-2007, 12:33 PM
all of the time
Then it must be Menzerna I used them with. Power Dissolver would soften polish dried in pockets and reduce some of it but would far from eliminate all of it, even after aggitation by hand slight coating would remain trapped. Aggitation with gloves eliminated all of it.

ZoranC
08-22-2007, 12:35 PM
I try not to let the polish dry on it.
Menzerna will be dry in the pockets by the time you are done with the panel.

pt91
08-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Then it must be Menzerna I used them with. Power Dissolver would soften polish dried in pockets and reduce some of it but would far from eliminate all of it, even after aggitation by hand slight coating would remain trapped. Aggitation with gloves eliminated all of it.

i use several Menzerna polishes and can easily remove them. I try to soak them that day in car soap/water and use power dissolver that evening. So far they hv come out very clean, even in the pocket areas.
i make sure to really spray every pocket very well. I use a lot of pd on the pads.

SpoiledMan
08-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Get a pad washer and quit yer whinin'! :D

pt91
08-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Get a pad washer and quit yer whinin'! :D

hey, did you try it with a 4" pad Chris?