Fastest way to good polish?

kerenzv

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a car wash and I want to start to do work for car dealers , the probleam is that they want fast job at the least money they can pay.
When I do cutting and polishing an car it take me about 8-12 hours , my question is if Someone can recommend me about good enough product and with which pads to work with that I can do a car at 2 hours that the reasult will be fair enough.
I looked at cars at dealers car lot and all of them have holograms and swirll marks so there no need to give them a show room car.
Thank you

Just use an AIO will save you a lot of time and there are a bunch of them out there to choose from. I don't do dealer work so hopefully some who does will post up a go one to use for this.

Thanks, I just want to say that I dont want to do the same work as they do that leave holograms and heavy swirll marks

The Meguiar's DA microfiber kit is designed for what you want.

:Picture:
The Meguiar's DA microfiber kit is designed for what you want.

If you are using a DA

Try it with the D301 Finishing Wax

On soft paints use the DAMF polishing pad w/ D301

On harder paints try the DAMF cutting pad w D301

DA mf buffing pads with D301...money combo and very fast.

Maybe I'm the only detailer who hates doing polishing? Most of my clients (like most everyone's) don't care much about their paint until the clearcoat is nearly gone. They also find it hard to justify polishing out swirls for $250+, and I don't like breaking my back for 5+ hours on what they're going to undo next week when they wash it themselves...

I found that for moderate to heavy swirling on medium-soft/medium-hard clearcoats has been quick and easy to correct with a Meguiars Microfiber cutting pad and M100 compound. I saw Garry Dean do this and gave it a try on a car a few months back, and for the vehicles I've done so far it's worked great in removing big imperfections and I use it as an AIO, followed by a wax or sealant.

Is it the "right" way or "autogeek" way? No. But it pleases the customer and I don't have to spend all day doing it and can move on to something else.

It's all about catering to and giving your customers what they want for the money.

2 Hours, wow, most dealers in NY glaze and run. Happened to me on the last black car I purchased in 2008. It is what drove me here.

Car looked perfect on delivery, I was thrilled. Soon after it look like swirlzilla.

I thought it was my wash process, but it really was me washing out the glaze held in place by a wax.

Back