2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Opti Coated

tdekany

SELF BANNED
Reaction score
Not much to post with this car, the dealer was told not to touch it any way, but they did wipe off some adhesive residue anyway, so some correction work was needed after all. The vehicle was picked up the night before with 7 miles on it.

This was the worst damage, not sure how they can let a car costing 75K leave the stealership without pointing out that Jeep F**d up during transport.

PB260004.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Only a few full car shots before starting the detail.

PB260001.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

PB260003.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

PB260002.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Once corrected, polished and Opti Coated, the time was after 10 PM and the garage is just big enough to pull this Jeep in so I was forced to place the camera very close to the vehicle, hence the weird angles. The interior looked very cool, but forgot to take pictures.

PB260015.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

PB260011.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

PB260006.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

nice job thomas (always a pleasure to view your work as it's top notch), happy holidays to you & your family... :)

That is so kind of you! Thank you and the same to you and your family as well. I used my new favorite compound from Americana and made it an easy correction.

Great work Thomas!! That truck looks super glossy in the afters.

Looks good as always!! Those new Jeeps are pretty sweet. Do you have a filter or special setting on your camera? Your shots just always look top notch.

Do you do the Opticoat on location for customers as well as drop offs? I've had issues with non-ideal working conditions when scheduling mobile jobs, so just curious what other guys do. Thanks!!

Nice work Thomas! I bet the owner was excited to see the hood damage removed, especially with how glossy the rest of the vehicle ended up.

Love the truck and the new wheels are easier to clean than the previous ones I bet;)

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

Looks good as always!! Those new Jeeps are pretty sweet. Do you have a filter or special setting on your camera? Your shots just always look top notch.

Do you do the Opticoat on location for customers as well as drop offs? I've had issues with non-ideal working conditions when scheduling mobile jobs, so just curious what other guys do. Thanks!!

Thank you!

No filter and as far as settings, I shoot raw and set things afterwards.

I am mobile, so 95% of the time I am at somebodies house. Never any issues because of that, I had trouble only 3 times, all 3 was due to very high temperature and very high humidity, all 3 Jet black paint.

Love the truck and the new wheels are easier to clean than the previous ones I bet;)

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks - the wheels are hammered and I suggested that he goes back to the dealer, but I think the owner is just going to have them powder coated.

Top notch work on that Jeep, and its always a beautiful day in the neighborhood when coating a vehicle that brand new

Beautiful work - I have a 2012 in the same color but the coating on that kills the look on my beast. I have found the clear on mine to be pretty hard when trying to remove minor blemishes - how did you find it on that vehicle?

Also, if you don't mind sharing, what was your polishing process? (Tools / Products / # of passes)

Top notch work on that Jeep, and its always a beautiful day in the neighborhood when coating a vehicle that brand new

Beautiful work - I have a 2012 in the same color but the coating on that kills the look on my beast. I have found the clear on mine to be pretty hard when trying to remove minor blemishes - how did you find it on that vehicle?

Also, if you don't mind sharing, what was your polishing process? (Tools / Products / # of passes)

Thanks LA - The paint was very good to work on, not hard at all, not too hard for what I used. To get rid of imperfections, I used Amerirocks on micro fiber pads and either used a Rupes or Flex 3401

sent customer home with rinseless? i wish more people believed in this!

a dude i know is a dunce when it comes to detailing. he got his F360 corrected and coated a few years ago by someone and because of me, has used rinseless to wash and waterless as an instant detailer since day one. he actually drives the car, so it gets dirty. not super duper middle of NJ winter grimy, but dirty. the guy follows the directions exactly as prescribed and the car still to this day looks sensational. no, he's not truly daily driving it. yes it's silver, but regardless - the car has a three year coating job on it, he's a total neanderthal with detailing and has pretty much used exclusively this new tech to wash it from day one. people sleep on the technology, i don't know why. it's not hard to do it right. i know not all customers of a pro are good candidates for it but if the person is half interested in cleaning their car, want to avoid car washes and are not coming to you for maintenance, it works very well.

Back