PDA

View Full Version : Hydro 2 on windshield

frankprozzoly
12-05-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking of using this on my work trucks glass. I don't have time to clean the glass. I'm thinking this would be the easiest to do. Spray on hose off. Or would this be expensive? I realize whatever I used I wouldn't get as much longevity because of the lack of prep

FUNX650
12-05-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm thinking of using this on my work trucks glass. I don't have time to clean the glass. I'm thinking this would be the easiest to do. Spray on hose off. Or would this be expensive? I realize whatever I used I wouldn't get as much longevity because of the lack of prep
I remember some of the awesome HydrO2-questions
you asked in this thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/85589-removing-hydro2-streaks-windshield.html

Bob

CarolinasFinestDetailing
12-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Hydr02 works amazing on glass. However for the best longevity, clean and clay the glass well before application. I have gotten over 4 months on it before. Wipers....who needs wipers??? Lol.

frankprozzoly
12-05-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm not concerned about it streaking on the paint. Like I said unfortunately I don't have time to clean and clay. I'm just trying to find a quick and financially reasonable solution. The windshield is far more vertical than a car. So its not gonna work as well as it would on the car but I'm sure it would help.

So I guess I'm asking if its worth the expense

dsg03gt
12-05-2014, 07:09 PM
If you don't have the time to even clean the windshield what's the point of putting hydro2 on? If it was me I would take the 5 min and clean it and put some sealant on it.

frankprozzoly
12-05-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm looking for ease of use. I don't have time to put a sealant on. It's a big truck that's at work not a pickup that goes home with me. That's why something like hydro 2 is appealing. Spray on hose off. But if not cleaning it doesn't allow it to adhere or because of the windshield not being clean and affecting the longevity, is the expense not worth it.

I guess I'll just try it. See what kind of results I get. On second thought if it streaks from not cleaning, I better not. Other people have to drive it