What else to use??

gym**rat

Reaction score
Hello, first time poster here. Great site BTW. I have a 2 week old 2015 BMW 435i metallic black and was wanting to get a really good shine on it. I have been reading and looking at all kinds of options and I believe I want to try the Pinnacle Synergy wax. Expensive but sounds like it will be worth it.
My question is being a brand new car should I need to use anything else on it prior to the wax? For example Pinnacle Black Label surface cleansing polish. Any and all input would be appreciated as well as your thoughts on the Synergy wax. Thank you!

Well you definitely want to wash and decontaminate. Do you own a polisher?

Is your car a daily driver?

Do you live in an area where it snows or rains alot?

I'm assuming since you don't own a polisher, you don't know how to use one?

All of Mike P's books and stickies are a good read and I would recommend them to everyone.

I would suggest Mike Philips The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine to start. It'll give you all of the information you could ever want on all aspects of maintaining that beautiful car!

Mike Phillips’ The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine Paperback Book

:iagree: Very informative book and it will show you what to do. As for product...some expensive products (ie Synergy) might not be good as some less expensive products. I think Pinnacle Souveran is better and is about 50% less than Synergy. I would get that over Synergy. I have both and I prefer Souveran.

Synergy.....is OK. Synergy may last longer as it is a hybrid wax, but Souveran is like a show car wax. That is my Opinion.

A good wash, Iron X and then nanoskin glove. All 3 are done by hand. Without a machine, polishing to brighten it up before the Pinnacle Synergy is very labpr intensive. When you are done washing and decontaminating go ahead and lay your Synergy down. That should hold you over until you get a machine.

You ARE considering a machine...right?

When i took delivery of my 2007 black BMW 335i i gave it a good wash and then clayed everything. I was amazed at how filthy the paint was on a brand new BMW. Lots of "in transit" stuff considering a train to Bremerhaven, a ship to New Jersey. A train to SC and then a truck to Tampa! I told my dealer NOT to wash it before i picked it up.

A good wash, Iron X and then nanoskin glove. All 3 are done by hand. Without a machine, polishing to brighten it up before the Pinnacle Synergy is very labpr intensive. When you are done washing and decontaminating go ahead and lay your Synergy down. That should hold you over until you get a machine.

You ARE considering a machine...right?

When i took delivery of my 2007 black BMW 335i i gave it a good wash and then clayed everything. I was amazed at how filthy the paint was on a brand new BMW. Lots of "in transit" stuff considering a train to Bremerhaven, a ship to New Jersey. A train to SC and then a truck to Tampa! I told my dealer NOT to wash it before i picked it up.

Lots of good info. I know I can get 20 different answers from 20 people but it is always better than no info at all. Yes I am going to get a machine. But will read the book first. I am old school and did everything by hand but I am also old so if I can get a machine to help me why not.

And yes Allen, the addiction has def begun.

Is your car a daily driver?

Do you live in an area where it snows or rains alot?

I'm assuming since you don't own a polisher, you don't know how to use one?

All of Mike P's books and stickies are a good read and I would recommend them to everyone.

Not a daily driver. Will only drive in dry weather. I live in Indiana so the weather sucks ass to be honest. I hope it does not see snow or salt. I am going to get a polisher and practice on my 2000 Silverado with 225,000 miles on it.

Not a daily driver. Will only drive in dry weather. I live in Indiana so the weather sucks ass to be honest. I hope it does not see snow or salt. I am going to get a polisher and practice on my 2000 Silverado with 225,000 miles on it.

I get the same crappy weather here in MI.

Practicing is the best idea!

Look up Mike Phillips use profile and read through his threads.

If you are going to get a DA Polisher and you have the discretionary income...get the Flex 3401 VRG and get Mike Phillips book on that too. You will never look back at any other DA.

If money is a concern start of with any of the DA's and eventually move up to the Flex 3401. I started with the PC 7424 XP. There are other similar or possibly better I do not know as I was very happy with the PC.

Their is the Griot's Garage 6", The Meg's, The new Torque, and Harbor Freight. They are all good learning tools for beginners

I thought I would give an update. I should receive my Flex 3401 polisher and my Mike Phillips how to book on Tuesday. After the first of the year I will start practicing on my Indigo Blue 2000 Chevy Silverado. I bought my Pinnacle Synergy wax 25% off then another 25% off . I got it for $105! I asked for a bunch of detailing goodies from Autogeek from my family. I will update when I start using my polisher.

Thanks for the update and your sig pic looks stunning! Looks like you have the F33. You will absolutely love your new equipment and products from AG! Other than the machine and Synergy, what else did you get? As another Black Sapphire paint owner i can say it is stunning when done right. Pull it out in the sun after you've buffed off the Synergy.

Then go drive it like you stole it!!! :dblthumb2:

Back