PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on my new DP Tornador

Pages : [1] 2

HateSwirls
12-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Since I opened my shop I felt a need to buy a cleaning gun being some of the cars I detail are thrashed.
So I now have the DP Tornador Cleaning Gun, and a cleaning it does and fast.

It cut my cleaning time in half,at 90psi it blows out crap even in hard to reach areas, like between the seat and door which really speeds things up.

My first test...

Using it along with the Tornador cleaning solution I cleaned a dirty carpet floor mat, I was like WOW, this thing Rocks:dblthumb2:
The mat came out looking brand new in under 2 minutes.
I went on to clean the interior , the dash, AC vents, steering wheel , cup holders, etc.
there's nothing it won't clean, highly recommend it if you detail for a living as now do.
Btw, it makes cleaning your interior fun:dblthumb2:

I give it five stars, just make sure you have a large compressor because this baby requires plenty on air.

Thanks again Adrian for the help in answering my questions.

Kevin

Mike Phillips
12-15-2014, 08:11 AM
Since I opened my shop I felt a need to buy a cleaning gun being some of the cars I detail are thrashed.
So I now have the DP Tornador Cleaning Gun, and a cleaning it does and fast.

It cut my cleaning time in half,at 90psi it blows out crap even in hard to reach areas, like between the seat and door which really speeds things up.

Kevin

Thanks for the update with your experience Kevin....

For those reading this into the future, be sure to check out Kevin's other thread. Lots of information on the Tornador tools plus pictures of them in action.

And definitely keep in mind you really need a large air compressor with a 60 gallon tank to do justice for these types of tool.

New Detail shop booming (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/87274-new-detail-shop-booming.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2303/Tornador_Air_Blow_Out_Gun_002.jpg

:dblthumb2:

WAXOFF
12-15-2014, 08:16 AM
I also have a Tornador Black edition. Couldn't do without it. JUst makes the job look so much better as it gets the deeply embedded grime in the cracks etc. I didn't think you were supposed to go as high as 90 PSI though. I run mine at 72 PSI.

HateSwirls
12-15-2014, 04:23 PM
I also have a Tornador Black edition. Couldn't do without it. JUst makes the job look so much better as it gets the deeply embedded grime in the cracks etc. I didn't think you were supposed to go as high as 90 PSI though. I run mine at 72 PSI.

On my instructions it stated Not to exceed 90psi in order not to damage the unit.
Sure hope I'm correct on this.

HateSwirls
12-15-2014, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the update with your experience Kevin....

For those reading this into the future, be sure to check out Kevin's other thread. Lots of information on the Tornador tools plus pictures of them in action.

And definitely keep in mind you really need a large air compressor with a 60 gallon tank to do justice for these types of tool.

New Detail shop booming (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/87274-new-detail-shop-booming.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2303/Tornador_Air_Blow_Out_Gun_002.jpg

:dblthumb2:

It's about time to buy your books Mike, I've been putting it off too long.

Love what I now do for a living, it's like no other full-time job I ever had:dblthumb2:

Roikins
12-16-2014, 10:12 AM
On my instructions it stated Not to exceed 90psi in order not to damage the unit.

Hello , just bumped in this tread and found out that 60 gallon air compressor is needed :(((
Just received my order from Walmart 20 gallon Cambell compressor, I was happy until this morning I saw this, got the tornado blower, and everything ready to go, and try out this weekend.
Would like to ask and see if you or anyone has tried to use with less than 60 gallon? The 20 gallon is pretty heavy 100 pounds:))
Don't know what to do now, is it even worth to unbox it , or should I return without even trying?
Any advice would be highly appreciated.
I have this , in the picture.

Sent from my [emoji336][emoji642][emoji809]using Tapatalk

aim4squirrels
12-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Hello , just bumped in this tread and found out that 60 gallon air compressor is needed :(((
Just received my order from Walmart 20 gallon Cambell compressor, I was happy until this morning I saw this, got the tornado blower, and everything ready to go, and try out this weekend.
Would like to ask and see if you or anyone has tried to use with less than 60 gallon? The 20 gallon is pretty heavy 100 pounds:))
Don't know what to do now, is it even worth to unbox it , or should I return without even trying?
Any advice would be highly appreciated.
I have this , in the picture.

If you're doing this for a living, go bigger. It's all about run time at full strength. With a smaller tank, you'll have to stop more often and let the tank repressurize. This also causes more wear on the compressor, so take those things into account when purchasing a compressor/tank.

aim4squirrels
12-16-2014, 10:31 AM

As a general rule:

When possible, I never run tools all out at their max specs. I personally believe that unless you buy max quality everything, full bore wears tools out faster. I've found this true of lots of yard tools especially.

Just something I'm throwing out there to chew on.

JSou
12-16-2014, 10:44 AM
A very great tool to have. Has made me very efficient with my interior details.

I am glad you like it.

Roikins
12-16-2014, 11:02 AM
If you're doing this for a living, go bigger. It's all about run time at full strength. With a smaller tank, you'll have to stop more often and let the tank repressurize. This also causes more wear on the compressor, so take those things into account when purchasing a compressor/tank.

As a general rule:

When possible, I never run tools all out at their max specs. I personally believe that unless you buy max quality everything, full bore wears tools out faster. I've found this true of lots of yard tools especially.

Just something I'm throwing out there to chew on.

Thank you very much for the advice, I am going to use just for my own car, not professionally, I guess also bigger tank will be harder to move as I live in apartment complex on 20th floor :)
I remodeled my second bathroom for all my detailing stuff, put shelves and hangers , now I had even remove the toilet :D to fit this bad boy :) guess I will go with the 20 g for now and will see how it handles and how long I have to wait until it feels up , if it's going to be too slow, I'll change it , if only like few minutes wait time, guess I can live with it :))
Thanks again.

Audios S6
12-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Thank you very much for the advice, I am going to use just for my own car, not professionally, I guess also bigger tank will be harder to move as I live in apartment complex on 20th floor :)
I remodeled my second bathroom for all my detailing stuff, put shelves and hangers , now I had even remove the toilet :D to fit this bad boy :) guess I will go with the 20 g for now and will see how it handles and how long I have to wait until it feels up , if it's going to be too slow, I'll change it , if only like few minutes wait time, guess I can live with it :))
Thanks again.

You should be looking for a unit that can deliver 5 scfm at 90 psi. I still use my little pancake air compressor on mobile jobs and the tool does work with it, but it's a far cry from the efficiency and cleaning ability when hooked up to a big air compressor.

Roikins
12-16-2014, 11:20 AM
You should be looking for a unit that can deliver 5 scfm at 90 psi. I still use my little pancake air compressor on mobile jobs and the tool does work with it, but it's a far cry from the efficiency and cleaning ability when hooked up to a big air compressor.

Yehaa:)) you made my day!!! Thank you very much for THIS info!!!!
Checked and its delivers 5.5 scfm at 40 PSI!!! How great is that!!:)
And it has average 90 PSI adjustable pressure and the tank feels up to 200 PSI.
Looks like it's going to work!!!
Thank you!!

jarred767
12-17-2014, 03:05 AM
Thanks again.
Did I read this right? You live on the 20th floor of an apartment condo and have an air compressor installed in your second bathroom where the toilet used to be??? Isn't the car 20 floors away from the compressor?? I'm a little confused how this works for you. Sounds like a very unique set up to say the least, unless I read your post wrong.

SameGuy
12-17-2014, 06:37 AM
It needs 5 cfm @ 90 psi. I have a mid-1990s, made-in-USA, 20 gallon, 3 hp Campbell Hausfeld. The thing is dang stout, but it doesn't deliver 3 cfm at 90 psi. I doubt the new ones even give 2.5 cfm at 90. If I run a die grinder or air wrench it goes a couple of seconds before running, and the tool slows down a few seconds after that. Using a mini sandblaster the motor never stops running.

Roikins
12-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Did I read this right? You live on the 20th floor of an apartment condo and have an air compressor installed in your second bathroom where the toilet used to be??? Isn't the car 20 floors away from the compressor?? I'm a little confused how this works for you. Sounds like a very unique set up to say the least, unless I read your post wrong.

LOL, it's not "installed" its portable and have wheels. Yes it weights 100 pounds, but it's easy to get it down with elevator:))