Flex Precision Pads 1 inch 2 inch 3 inch - IN STOCK

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike Phillips
  • Start date Start date
M

Mike Phillips

Flex Precision Pads 1 inch 2 inch 3 inch

The new Flex Precision pads are in stock!

FLEX Rotary Backing Plates – 1, 2, 3 Inch Diameter

FLEX Rotary Foam Pads – 1, 2, 3 Inch Diameter

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Will be using them tonight for a live buff-out on the thin panels of a 1965 Mustang at the Tuesday night CarSpa Car Show here in Stuart.

Tuesday Night CarSpa Car Show - Tomorrow night

:xyxthumbs:

Re: Flex Precision Pads 1 inch 2 inch 3 inch

Woo Hoo!!! Will be placing my order! Just waiting for my Flex Kompakt to arrive!!

Thank you for the heads up!!

Hey Mike

I am looking to purchase the Flex backing plates and pads you have mentioned in this thread and it is not on the store website. Is there a link I can order them for my Little Flex I pre-ordered? Please advise

Hey Mike

I am looking to purchase the Flex backing plates and pads you have mentioned in this thread and it is not on the store website. Is there a link I can order them for my Little Flex I pre-ordered? Please advise

We'll have them on the site within the next week. The PE8's should be arriving any day now as well. :dblthumb2:

I wonder how long it's going to take for someone to take one of these

autogeek_2267_66004393

and try these pads and backing plates on a DA?

That sounds like a plan in the making. Excited about the new developments :)

Hopefully another 20% off deal will be going on when they are available!

Will they come in bulk to save money?

This is very great news!

Any chance this meeting will be broadcasted?

How 1" pads goes on PE-14 (I suspect alright, but don't hurt asking)? Is the 1300rpm 'lower' speed of PE-8 too much for an 'all-around' spot tool?

I always see PE-14 for it's 600rpm more appealing to me (DA refinishing guy), but I want a 'mini tool' for that precision / surgical buffing we are all crazy about.

The pads are gorgeous and very much needed!, but

please, Mike, sell me (in or out) PE-8 tonight!

Good luck,

Thanks you very much in advance,

autogeek_2267_66004393

2 seconds sound right?

But I wonder about a 8mm throw on a 1" pad & a 7-8 pounds machine. :dunno:

& Tato,

Mike doesn't sell stuff, that'd be Nick. :)

This is very great news!

Any chance this meeting will be broadcasted?

No... this is my co-worker Trey and I taking the iVan to the local show and standard routine now is I do live demonstrations on one of the cars attending.

Two weeks ago I buffed out all the flat panels on Don's Mustang but didn't tackle the thin panels.

Tonight I'll knock out all the thin panels.

I'll have Trey take some action shots showing the different pads in action.

The PE8 is actually the prototype given to me by Bob Eichelberg.

:)

Why are they so tall?

I thought, "thin is in"

I am anxious to see if they can be used on a rotary without leaving holograms on soft paint

Great to have so many pad options coming on line

Why are they so tall?

I thought, "thin is in"

Thin is in.

That is when talking about dual action polishers that use a free floating spindle bearing assembly.

Gear driven tools don't really care if you use a thick or thin pad and I find normal foam pads, that is to say thick foam pads work great with both rotary buffers and the Flex 3401.

The entire reason thin pads work great with tools like the Porter Cable, etc. is due to less mass overall for the tool to rotate.

Also, less mass to absorb liquid. Thick wet pads rotate worse than thin wet pads.

Proof in the pudding is Meguiar's Xtra Cut MF pads, anyone ever measure how thin these pads are?

I know I've posted the thin is in - Meguiar's Xtra Cut MF pads analogy multiple times on this forum.

Also, my guess is there small diameter creates an illusion of the pads looking tall. If I place these pads next to most historically normal foam pads, that is non new trend thin pads, they will be about or the same thickness.

I am anxious to see if they can be used on a rotary without leaving holograms on soft paint

In my experience, the smaller the diameter the pad on a rotary the greater the chance to see a hologram or buffer trail in the paint. Not sure why this is but I've seen this for over probably as long as I've been using the rotary as I used to make my own small foam pads.

Could be with todays abrasive technology, stuff I didn't have in the old days, that small pads on a rotary buffer and holograms are now a non-issue. Black paint would be the way to find out.

Big picture is more like this... even if you are leaving some type of faint hologram on a thin panel like an A-Pillar... chances are by the time you apply a wax you'll never see it because it's a thin panel.

Holograms are seen easiest on flat panels, especially large flat panels.

Here's some holograms in a 1978 Trans Am vertical panel...

watermark.php

watermark.php

:dunno:

Awesome. Definitely will be picking these up with backing plates next week.

Woo Hoo!!! Will be placing my order! Just waiting for my Flex Kompakt to arrive!!

Thank you for the heads up!!

Just got a shipping confirmation e-mail on mine...................:dblthumb2:

As promised, here's some shots of the new Flex Precision Pads in action on a 1965 Mustang at last night's car show.

Here's the Mustang....

watermark.php

watermark.php

Fingerpainting
I call this finger painting, it's where you smear some of the product you want to use onto the paint you want to buff when using small pads instead of trying to pick a bead up using the 10 @ 10 Technique.

watermark.php

Edge Priming
Lubricate the sides of your buffing pad anytime you're going to be buffing in tight areas.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

The 10 @ 10 Technique in action...

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

:)

autogeek_2267_66004393

i already have one of those because i have an old 2 7/8 rotary plate that was orig meant for my Makita but i mainly use it with the adapter and my DA. so the Flex BPs have the same size thread as a rotary? didn't know.

if that's case, i'm likely going to get the 1" BP and pads. seems really handy.

EDIT: oh, wait...that Flex IS a rotary. ok cool!

Wow, great demo on those pads, and great lighting in that tent!

Back