Carpro Spotless vs Duragloss 505

conman1395

Reaction score
I am seeking opinions from people who have used both, but all general knowledge is welcome.
I just got the Duragloss coating kit on sale and this got me to thinking about Spotless.
I have not used Spotless, but have used DG 505 (Waterspot Remover). Do they work similarly? Do they serve the same function?

Connor

I just used spotless today on some windows that had old water spots. I did nothing. In my process I used a cyan cutting pad to work the product on the windows. Might work on fresh waterspots but not on my old ones. I have never used DG 505

CarPro spotless will not remove old etched water spots. It works great on fresh water spots or while drying your vehicle.

505 will not remove waterspots that have already etched either.

CarPro spotless will not remove old etched water spots. It works great on fresh water spots or while drying your vehicle.

Dried water spots which are old will need repeating the process over the area , soaking the surface and agitating the Spotless into the water spots, with MF or soft sponge, doing that it will remove most if not all the water spots, just need to give it more time.
if it is soft clearcoat which "swallowed" the minerals into it, this will need only polishing to remove it.

HTH

Dried water spots which are old will need repeating the process over the area , soaking the surface and agitating the Spotless into the water spots, with MF or soft sponge, doing that it will remove most if not all the water spots, just need to give it more time.
if it is soft clearcoat which "swallowed" the minerals into it, this will need only polishing to remove it.

HTH

My experiences tell me that using abrasives and a polisher is much quicker then repeating Spotless over and over, at least on glass. In my situation I tried it multiple times on a single window using a cyan cutting pad to violently agitate. Unfortunatley it did nothing. I wouldn't expect miracles or a time savings unless these water spots are fresh.

I am seeking opinions from people who have used both, but all general knowledge is welcome.
I just got the Duragloss coating kit on sale and this got me to thinking about Spotless.
I have not used Spotless, but have used DG 505 (Waterspot Remover). Do they work similarly? Do they serve the same function?

Connor

Let me put it this way: After the first time I used CarPro Spotless I dumped my 80% full bottle of DG 505 down the drain.

Spotless will remove most etched water spots from paint. It will also remove water spots from glass more quickly than polishing with CeriGlass. It truly is an amazing product.

What Avi recommended about letting the product have more time to work is true. Paint is porous, and "etched" water spots are simply minerals that have sunk down into the pores of the paint. Spotless chemically dissolves these minerals so if the spots are etched the product needs to be gently messaged into the pores of the paint to allow it to react with the etched minerals. This process will be significantly faster than compounding and polishing and will preserve the precious thin layer of clear coat. Of course if the water spots are etched too deep into the surface than the only way to remove them is to remove enough paint to remove the etching.

Let me put it this way: After the first time I used CarPro Spotless I dumped my 80% full bottle of DG 505 down the drain.

Spotless will remove most etched water spots from paint. It will also remove water spots from glass more quickly than polishing with CeriGlass. It truly is an amazing product.

What Avi recommended about letting the product have more time to work is true. Paint is porous, and "etched" water spots are simply minerals that have sunk down into the pores of the paint. Spotless chemically dissolves these minerals so if the spots are etched the product needs to be gently messaged into the pores of the paint to allow it to react with the etched minerals. This process will be significantly faster than compounding and polishing and will preserve the precious thin layer of clear coat. Of course if the water spots are etched too deep into the surface than the only way to remove them is to remove enough paint to remove the etching.

:whs: x100 :dblthumb2:

Glad to hear this, just got a bottle of CP spotless from AG:)

HTH

This is absolutely right. I use spotless at least twice a month (very bad hard water in the city over). Ive seen some waterspots that i didnt thing would come out but spotless cleared it right up.

If someone says spotless doesnt work its because they dont know how to use it...

Here is a method for very difficult hard water spots: In the shade saturate the area with spotless and let dwell for 5 seconds or so then spray a foam wax applicator with spotless and agitate for about 10-20 seconds. May need to spray a little more spotless on the area before agitating. Rinse with clean water and then dry and inspect. Take a Nanoskin (fine) sponge and clay lube then essentially clay the area. Wipe with a dry MF towel and inspect. You may need to do this about 3 times for desired results on very difficult hard water spots. Side note only work an area thats around 12"x12" at a time.

I have yet to come across water spots that spotless hasnt removed. When it comes to all the products i use id say spotless is one of the few that actually do exactly what it claims it does.

Back