Seal over megs da finish wax?

808_detail_nut

Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question but I just picked up a bottle of megs compound and finish wax for 28 bucks (32 oz bottles!). I was pretty much using the pads with 105 and 205 but since they were so cheap I figure try it out. 105 does dust like crazy as you all know so I figure try it out since I hear it is not a problem.
My truck has been neglected because I been cleaning everyone else's cars and I figure try it out(black f150). I figure seal it after but if I use say klasse s/g after the finish wax will it bond well enough to last or should I just go da compound and 205 then seal? Just trying to save me some time testing, wondering if anyone ever tried it. Maybe top with ultimate wax I dunno, thoughts?

It can be topped with a sealant. It may not last as long but it can be done. If you are looking to stay with the Meguiar's family ultimate wax would be the choice.

Guz,

Are you suggesting topping the Meguiar's "finish wax" with Klasse SG?

OP,

Please confirm that you are talking about Meguiar's D301

If so, D301 is best applied with a DA polisher and a Meguiar's Microfiber Finishing Pad. Meguiars DA Microfiber Finishing Wax, final wax, car wax, cleaning wax

I would not use Klasse SG on top of D301 or any other wax

If you want to put something on top of the D301 to change the look of increase durability, I would suggest that you try the Meguiar's Ultimate Wax

Have Fun Experimenting

Guz,

Are you suggesting topping the Meguiar's "finish wax" with Klasse SG?

OP,

Please confirm that you are talking about Meguiar's D301

If so, D301 is best applied with a DA polisher and a Meguiar's Microfiber Finishing Pad. Meguiars DA Microfiber Finishing Wax, final wax, car wax, cleaning wax

I would not use Klasse SG on top of D301 or any other wax

If you want to put something on top of the D301 to change the look of increase durability, I would suggest that you try the Meguiar's Ultimate Wax

Have Fun Experimenting

Ah I read it so fast I didn't see he said KSG. I agree UW would be the choice to go with.

M21 matches perfectly. I was getting an easy three months from M21 over D301 in harsh winter conditions. BFWD looks glassier and gave similar durability last winter.

Yea I'm thinking stay in the megs family and using ultimate. Just wondering if any of you tried or played with 301 or anything like this. I knew it was a silly question but I figure I'll ask anyway. If you don't ask you don't know. Thanks for the imput. When I get a chance to get on my truck I'll repost some pictures.

A pity you don't have a bottle of Duragloss 601.
I really love using the 601, removes lst quickly.

As said, you could seal it but may not last long as it should.

Agreed on the durability of the D301 and ultimate wax. I'll be happy to get 3 months with it. Anyway that 601 looks awesome. I have seen it but never really looked at what it does. Maybe napa can order some up for me since it's hard for me to order from AG with out paying 20 to 30 bucks shipping (hawaii).

Thinking, if I IPA after the finish wax I should remove the wax right? Then I should be able to seal right over it. Does that make sense or am I driving myself crazy thinking about it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking, if I IPA after the finish wax I should remove the wax right? Then I should be able to seal right over it. Does that make sense or am I driving myself crazy thinking about it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't count on the IPA knocking out all the wax. If you really want to apply the KSG, I'd hit the truck with 205 (no need compound it again with 105), and then apply the KSG.

I've always been told KSG is a little picky and it's most effective when applied to a perfectly clean surface. Therefore I've always used Klasse AIO first, and thenapplied the KSG.

Back