under bra yuck..... where should I start ?

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Just purchased a new used car. This car had a bra on the front, and of course I've removed it. There seems to be misc. debris that won't wash off, and I have no clue on where to start to try and remove this stuff....

I doubt a claybar will work.... Bug and tar remover?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated !!

dave

take off the bra. rofl hee hee hee

(they ruin paint!)

It depends on what the 'junk' is... I'd try the clay first. If that doesn't work you could bump up to a paint cleaner or the bug and tar remover. If that doesn't work, you could try mineral spirits or laquer thinner (just be careful :)).

daveCFPrez said:
Just purchased a new used car. This car had a bra on the front, and of course I've removed it. There seems to be misc. debris that won't wash off, and I have no clue on where to start to try and remove this stuff....

I doubt a claybar will work.... Bug and tar remover?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated !!

dave

Tarminator maybe...

ltoman said:
take off the bra. rofl hee hee hee

(they ruin paint!)

everyone lose their sense of humor? oh well, guess I have turned into a teenage boy after all these years.

good luck with it. someone will pop in who knows. high end detail might be one to ask.

Gary Sword said:
You first Lauren ;)
Gee gary, i don't think I want to see you without your bra! RPFLMAO....definitely not!

As for me, mine is off now....:D :D

And there is nothing yucky in or under it, but lace......

ltoman said:
Gee gary, i don't think I want to see you without your bra! RPFLMAO....definitely not!

As for me, mine is off now....:D :D

And there is nothing yucky in or under it, but lace......

I use to have a Bra for my 81 Corvette but now both the car and the bra are gone. :p I gave up Bras after that. I think they do more harm then good. I also perfer the bra less look. ;)

Sorry to get off topic daveCFPrez. It's hard to say especially without seeing any pictures. It probably has etched in dirt. I would start with the least appressive approch. You could try starting out with a paint cleaner and move up to various degrees of more aggressive polished until you you get the paint clean.

Back