How many of you use a MACHINE to WAX your vehicle?

How many of you use a MACHINE to WAX your vehicle?

• All the time

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • Half the time

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • Never use a machine

Votes: 33 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have used the HF DA and now I use the FLEX3401 with a black pad.
Saves sooo much time over doing it by hand and lays a even very thin coat!

HF DA. Less shoulder work and good even coverage.

All machine here as well.

I used to do it by hand, but found I was able to apply the product thinner, more evenly, and had much better coverage with a DA. Being able to do the work much faster is just an added bonus.

I don't do it for speed or efficiency, it just works better.

The machine helps me apply waxes thin.. Also helped me figure out how to apply waxes thin.

I'm able to lay a more consistent and even coat when I apply by machine...

about half the time. I'm still a newbie and getting used to machine

I sometimes do. Depends on which wax I'm using and the car and whether i'm feeling lazy. I think it gives you better coverage than doing it by hand.

I normally do it with my GG 6" instead of my Flex.

It all depends on which wax I am using. As long I can get the wax out of the container and onto a pad then I will use a machine.

Sometimes I still enjoy doing it by hand on my own cars though.

I use my PC 7424 XP to apply wax--learned my technique from Mike's vids. Such a time saver. I will do tighter areas by hand to prevent wax staining trim pieces.

I always use the machine. It does the work faster and saves my arms and shoulders for the wipe off. Of course the small areas require application by hand. It makes liquid waxes like Collinite 845 go on very thin which is exactly what you want. It also makes paste waxes go very far per application.

I'm able to lay a more consistent and even coat when I apply by machine...

:iagree: I use the Flex 3401, PC7424XP and now the PE-8!! IMO Machine waxing is the best for thin and consistent layering. Additionally, you save lots of time.

I never have, simply because I never invested in pads for that purpose (but just ordered some during the SB sale). I also assumed it would require more wax, but it looks like the opposite is true.

I always do and for many of the reasons already stated.

I found I can wax by hand just as fast if not faster. By the time i plug the polisher, switch pads, change pads once loaded im already half way done with the vehicle. Not to mention the breaks i take from holding to buffer and getting arm fatigue. I also stopped using my pressure washer for similar reasons. Now my pressure washer is only used for foaming a RV or semi truck.

Never use waxes anymore, but will use a machine to apply some sealants.

I'm 50/50 depending on my mood and the product. I agree with the OPs that using the machine allows for thinner application but sometimea I just want to feel the paint in my hands. It also depends on the "wax" as some are less fussy than others. For those "fussy" ones, I break out the machine because thin is to win.

Back