Triumph Thruxton 900 (Bonneville)

OCDetails

Reaction score
This is a client from many moons ago. His car actually provided one of my favorite half/half shots for swirls. If only that water streak wasn't there...

DSC08052.jpg

So this time he comes to me with a 2007 Triumph that needs to be shiny again. I like the Thruxton a lot. It doesn't have a lot of chrome on it and there are a lot of additional things you can do to it. Like they say, the bike is just the down payment for the mods. ;)

Here are some before shots and a nice half/half shot that shows the correction:

It wasn't too tough to polish these up. A little XMT2 on a red pad and they came out great.

I wish I had taken some before and afters of the wheels and shocks. Lots of water spots and grime on those, but nothing that Never Dull couldn't handle. The seat got conditioned with Poorboy's Leather Stuff. Motorcycle seats get kind of grimy, so I thought a cleaner/conditioner would be a good option. Overall the end project looked great. I sealed up all of the rubber with Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant and it really made everything look brand new. There really wasn't much more to do that could have improved the bike any further. Gotta love motorcycle detailing! The Panoz in the reflection of one of those pictures is my project for this afternoon. I'm sure I'll get my hands on the Buick and the Ferarri on the lift and the half dozen other cars under covers in the next room (Rolls, Testerossa, 60s Vette, 57 Fairlane...) I'm soooooooo glad he wanted me to do the bike in his Dad's shop/warehouse. :)

Looks great! I'd love to have one of those bikes for buzzing around. I wouldn't look forward to cleaning those wheels though!

Nope, me neither. That's why my bike has black mag wheels. I hate cleaning spokes.... There should be a tool for that out there somewhere. Get on that, Autogeek! :)

I should get some black wheels for my Tiger to hide all the chain sling! Drives me crazy. Right half of the wheel stays clean, left side is always a mess. Always put the wax/lube on after the ride but it still makes a mess every ride.

Great work! I love my Thruxton! Plastidip to come off in a few weeks. Finally riding season! :)
8af5368c627cce87cd1f069f5e097458.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back