Exterior trim treatment??

Bicycle

Reaction score
Need to give the exterior vynal some new life after all this snow and cold weather. I know there are a ton of offerings and everyone has their favorite. Just chime in on what you like.
There is one particular dressing I liked; it was almost like a coating. But for the life of me I can't remember the brand.
Anyways, thanks for getting back to me.

There are so many new products in this category however my new favorite within the past year has been Black Wow Pro. I layer it at least twice and sometimes a third...after a good, thorough cleaning of the surface first.

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is my favorite. Makes this black and it lasts forever. I love it on my wiper cowl. 6 months later it is still black even after going through the salty winter. Very worthwhile product!

Ultima Trim and tire guard is what I use. Works for me. I have not used the new "Trim Sealants" yet.
My Avalanche has Tuff Shine on it, one made for plastics. When I bought it, it was faded bad like most of the Avalanches you see. Stuff worked great at turning it black again. I put the UTTG on it every few months.
Cleaning and prepping is vital for any of these trim products, my opinion.

I used Meguiar's Ultimate Black with good success. I have heard good things about the Black Wow product as well.

Carpro Dlux lasts forever, well in detailer time thats like a year at least if not longer.

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is my favorite. Makes this black and it lasts forever. I love it on my wiper cowl. 6 months later it is still black even after going through the salty winter. Very worthwhile product!

Another :xyxthumbs: for the Wolfgang. Picked up a bottle based on others recommendations here and really like this product. I applied a coat in early Nov and the trim still looks good. This is the only trim sealant I've tried so I don't have anything to compare it to but it works so well I don't feel the need to try anything else.

-Meguiar's #39/#40
-Mothers Protectant for Rubber, Vinyl & Plastic
-Solution Finish
-303 AP

Bob

Another :xyxthumbs: for the Wolfgang. Picked up a bottle based on others recommendations here and really like this product. I applied a coat in early Nov and the trim still looks good. This is the only trim sealant I've tried so I don't have anything to compare it to but it works so well I don't feel the need to try anything else.

How does the product apply? Is it super greasy and a thin liquid, or is it thick like applying a wax?

100% Wolfgang Trim Sealant.

Makes faded trim look new again
Long lasting
A little goes a very long way
Doesn't streaks

It's my favorite:dblthumb2:

My top one would be Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant. Followed by Meguiar's Ult. Black and TW Jet Black Trim Coating.

How does the product apply? Is it super greasy and a thin liquid, or is it thick like applying a wax?
I'd call it an oily liquid, it does have a petroleum smell to it. A couple drops on a foam applicator and rub it on. A little goes a long way.

Wolfgang Trim Sealant has been my saving grace for my mustang and ranger.

Ditto

I have a faded area on my cowl. Its either collinite or megs sealant. What would clean that off. I don't think megs apc is gonna be strong enough. It looks like it might be stained

Back