Best Backing Plate Upgrade for HF Polisher

Odisious

Reaction score
I made all of the popular modifications to the HF Polisher. I used Royal Purple Grease and WOW! What a difference in noise and smoothness (pricey at $14.00 a tube). It really feels (and sounds) like a different machine. I wanted advice on the best backing plate for it. I used the one that was included so all of my pads are 6.5 I'm having a tough time deciding between the Maguire's 6in BP or the Lake Country 6" BP. Opinions???? I like the idea of the flexibility of the Mag. I have a 3in LC which seems pretty rigid. Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you. I'd like to get one of each, but trying to save some money.

I switched to the Lake Country 5" backing plate and use the 5.5" Lake Country Flat Pads. Couldn't be happier.

I made all of the popular modifications to the HF Polisher. I used Royal Purple Grease and WOW! What a difference in noise and smoothness (pricey at $14.00 a tube). It really feels (and sounds) like a different machine. I wanted advice on the best backing plate for it. I used the one that was included so all of my pads are 6.5 I'm having a tough time deciding between the Maguire's 6in BP or the Lake Country 6" BP. Opinions???? I like the idea of the flexibility of the Mag. I have a 3in LC which seems pretty rigid. Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I just ordered the HF DA to use with my 3" pads. I searched for info on the lube and didn't find any. My question is where and how does one grease?

Hello, all.... new to DA use, but have the option of either a Shurhold or Harbor Freight, which will require mods... anyone have an opinion either way?

Meguiars Soft Buff DBP5 DA Polisher 5 inch Backing Plate

meguiars-mirror-glaze-w67da-g110-da-polisher-5-inch-backing-plate-6.gif

Thanks for the those that gave input. I think I'll go with the megs.

Thanks for the those that gave input. I think I'll go with the megs.

Excellent choice.

Velcro® length designed to be cooler when working with microfiber discs.
I nice white line across the backing plate to gauge rotation. No sharpie mark.
The actual backing plate diameter is 4.75 inches which is good for 5" discs/pads.

Back