Opticoat car over a month

Charleston

Reaction score
Considering polishing and Opticoating the car over the course of a month.

1-2 panels, prep'd and coated per weekend.

Can I use any cheaper round yellow foam applicator, or should I order the "special" applicator?

Well they say the yellow applicators waste a lot more product. And there's not exactly a lot of 2.0 left nowadays ..

I would just get the Car Pro block and a few suede towels personally

Well they say the yellow applicators waste a lot more product. And there's not exactly a lot of 2.0 left nowadays ..

I would just get the Car Pro block and a few suede towels personally

I have a syringe of OC 2.0 :xyxthumbs:

I have a good bit of round yellow foam wax applicators, just wasn't sure if the supplied applicator is something special

You lucky dog. Wish I picked up a syringe before they discontinued it ...

Not sure about the applicator that comes with it. I've used 2.0 in the past but I picked it up on a trade so never used the original applicator.

I did however pick up the black dual sided Optimum applicator with the one side that was meant to be used with 2.0. Was not very impressed with it.

Car Pro block with the suede applicator made applying 2.0 so much easier. Lot of people claim this is the best method for applying coatings.

I'd say try out one of your yellow foam applicators on a panel or two and if you don't like it pick up some suede towels for the rest of the car.

Back