leather a mess what to do

carguy

Reaction score
Cleaned a 06 Infinity Q56 Suv,Leather was very dirty, it has a rough feel to the leather tan in color,looks like the dies on the cloths rubbed onto the leather. I used apc cut 1:6 not work,woolite same ratio some what came off but not that much, im going back in a few days to do a complete detail,interior and exterior,need to know what products will help to clean up leather to make it look a lot nicer for her. What process to use? :confused: Thanks

A good leather cleaner (not All Purpose Cleaner), and a leather brush should help you out.

coupe said:
magic eraser

I like Magic Eraser too, but becareful not to use it too much because its mildly abrasive.
It restores the leather to a matte state. Becareful about using it on coated leathers

supercharged said:
A good leather cleaner (not All Purpose Cleaner), and a leather brush should help you out.

Agreed. The brush is the key IMO. I've only been able to remove ground in dirt from leather with some scrubbing.

Leather Upholstery Renovation (Using Leatherique Products, uncoated leather):
Keeping leather clean is important, but conditioning is the key to preserving the life-flexibility appearance- and longevity of leather upholstery.

Methodology:
  • Apply cleaning solution (Water /Woolite or Dreft 6:1 or stronger) on to an applicator pad and apply to one area at a time (i.e. a seat back) Use a Micro fibre waffle weave towel (this Mesh towel is double woven micro fibre, made to be safe and scratch-free for all leather and vinyl finishes - http://poorboysworld.com/microfiber.htm) rinse in warm, clean water and wring out as much moisture as possible, fold the towel in half and then half again
  • The oil will work better if you first warm it in a microwave, and also warm the leather surfaces (in the sun, with a hair dryer or with the vehicles heating system) this allows the oil to permeate deeper
  • Apply 2-3 ounces of the Leatherique Prepping Agent onto each of the seats with a light to medium pressure.
  • Ensure complete coverage of surfaces, especially the seams
  • Let the Prepping Agent remain on surfaces 8-24 hours for best results. Avoid driving during cure period.
  • Once the Prepping Agent has been on the surfaces for at least 8 hours, you will see the grime that has lifted come to the surface, it may be a whitish haze, and any tacky residue on the surface is dirt or pollutants that have been forced out of the fibres.
  • Put the Prestine Clean in a clean mist / spray bottle, spray lightly onto a 100% cotton DF Microfiber towel, apply to leather surfaces with light to medium pressure, for tough dirt gently agitate the surface with a boar's hair cleaning brush. This removes stubborn grime and will not harm the leather.
  • Wipe leather surfaces with a damp Microfiber cloth, turn towel to clean fold surface as necessary
  • Finally buff all leather surfaces with an Autopia Concourse Buffing Towel
  • If you require a softer finish, repeat the above and / or utilize the Rejuvenator Oil process.

Back