Dog hair?

Cmvondran

Reaction score
What is the best way to remove dog hair? It's woven into the carpet & seats.

I first go over the surfaces with a shop vac. I then wrap a strip of duct tape around my hand sticky side out and then pat down the surfaces to get the remainders.

I heard of some people using a pumice stone to pull out dog hair. My wife recently picked up a synthetic pumice stone made from recycled materials. It worked well on our couch, but I haven't tried it on a vehicle yet.

The recycled beer bottle stone works well. Just be careful around plastic trim.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

I tried a bunch of stuff but what worked best is a plain old 3M Lint Roller.

Bought a 12 pack at Walmart and they pull up just about anything stuck down in the fabric of a carpet or cloth seat.

After you pull the hair out with a lint roller then vacuum.

The recycled beer bottle stone works well. Just be careful around plastic trim.

That's what I referenced in my post! I wasn't sure if you could find them in many places since the packaging on mine looked very local/small buisness-ish.

I got mine from my local detailing supplier. Didn't have any packaging, but I was told it was "some old guy's invention". It works pretty well.

I vacum as much as I can with a shop vac and then use a rubber brush very similar to this. If there is a lot of dog hair, I also use the rubber brush and vacum simultaneously.

x2 ... if you do not have a rubber brush you can put latex gloves on your hand and rub the hair towards your shop vac and get er gone !

Google "Pet Hair Rock"

Nothing else even compares to this tool. We have 2 lab retrievers so I know.

You're creating more work for yourself if you don't go with a pet hair rock. Just sayin'. I've tried all the tools out there. The rock blows them all away.

i use Rubber brush

Actually... you embedded hidden .png file in your gibberish post.

Here's a screenshot of you post using the quote and Editor Mode when replying to a thread.

PNG_Malware.jpg

Now you will be blocked from posting to our forum again.

To everyone reading this, if you notice a new member with only a few posts adding one-liner simple posts to threads on our forum, chances are it's a malware spammer.

You can use the quote option to reply to them and then switch over to "Editor Mode" to see the pure code instead of the WYSIWYG interface and if you see a hidden image using a .png file extension then report the post.

Thank you!

:)

I use both the rubber brush and the stone. I haven't done any pet hair removals in a while, but IIRC, the stone works best on shorter fabrics (seat upholstery) and the brush works better on longer fabrics (carpets).

Someone here uses a dirt devil with a belt driven brush, I imagine that does a number on pet hair, and the pet hair does a number on it.

I also use both latex gloves and the rock. Both work extremely well and are cheap tools that make your life a lot easier. Get the thick kitchen gloves so that they don't break during the rubbing process.

Check out this mess. I only used the gloves and got nearly all the hair out. The owner never vaccumed for years she said with 2 dogs! Talk about a long day.

c02276a2a11c1b8e1c099d60b093395a.jpg

Then after vac.

cceae0d832e209e70aaa6658a870faad.jpg

Back