PDA

View Full Version : Product and Foam Pads

stamps_
03-30-2015, 03:24 PM
Hey All

I've got a couple 5.5 inch pads I use with my porter cable.

This past weekend I perfected the paint on my car after a dealer wash which left light swirling on every panel.

I followed process - wash, clay, polish.

I found that a hex logic blue light polish / finishing pad (chemical guys link (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Hex_Logic_Light_Polishing_Finishing_Pad_5_5_Inch_p/bufx_105hex5.htm)) with some Poor Boys World Professional Polish was more than sufficient to remove the swirls. I know that Poor Boys is not abrasive, but the pad provided enough cut to fix them.

Now, I was doing an X pattern of product on the pad. After completing the car, I was soaking the pads and was squeezing/agitating them by hand. When I was squeezing the pad, clumps of product was coming out.

Is this expected?

Am I using too much product on my pad?

Also, can one pad be used with multiple different products or is it one pad one product?

Thanks in advance.

Paul A.
03-30-2015, 04:00 PM
One pad, one product.

trekkeruss
03-30-2015, 04:21 PM
I was doing an X pattern of product on the pad. After completing the car, I was soaking the pads and was squeezing/agitating them by hand. When I was squeezing the pad, clumps of product was coming out.

Is this expected?

Did you clean the pad(s) of spent polish and the remove paint after each section?

Am I using too much product on my pad?

An X for priming a clean dry pad is good, but an X every time is too much.