PDA

View Full Version : Interior Leather

robvasi
04-04-2015, 04:01 PM
The black leather dashboard is my primary concern although I want to treat and protect the leather seats as well. Thus, my thought is that UV protection is a priority.

Should I use PERL-500 followed by Scholl Concepts Skin Leather Care?

swanicyouth
04-04-2015, 04:05 PM
I would skip those dressing type products. I use Ultima Interior Guard +. You can use it on virtually any non-fabric surface on your interior, including leather and vinyl.

robvasi
04-04-2015, 04:15 PM
I would skip those dressing type products. I use Ultima Interior Guard +. You can use it on virtually any non-fabric surface on your interior, including leather and vinyl.

Thank you.

I have the Ultima Interior Guard +. It does not state that it has UV protection and I thought UV protection would be necessary for the dashboard area. So, I thought the PERL product might be good because it has UV protection.

Is it bad to use a dressing? I all ready purchased the PERL and the Scholl Concepts Skin Leather Care.

swanicyouth
04-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Yes. UIG+ has UV protection.

"Ultima Interior Guard Plus is the first and only sealant boosted by Polycharger[emoji769] for automotive interiors. This Ultima sealant protection will last for months and requires only a damp cloth or Ultima Detail Spray Plus to clean and maintain. Ultima Interior Guard Plus seals and protects leather, vinyl, plastic and wood trim. Moreover, resists staining, water damage, and the effects of oils and salt from the skin. The formula is eco friendly and provides UV protection to prevent drying and cracking of interior surfaces. What’s more, is that unlike traditional interior dressings, Ultima Interior Guard Plus maintains an even, natural appearance, and will not fog your interior glass"

However, it's been suggested to take all "UV protection" in car care products with a grain of salt. Basically, nothing can stop the power of the sun. I'd recommend using the product and cleaning the surface more frequently if your concerned. Parking in a garage will help.

I don't like dressings or "conditioners" for interiors (especially for seats), since for the most part they retain dirt.