PDA

View Full Version : A comment from a friend that I thought you all would appreciate!

ComradeGrumbles
04-16-2015, 07:26 PM
After a weekend of detailing, I was sitting in class with a close friend of mine and mentioned how great my car turned out. After telling him a little about the products I used on my Mazda, he went on to say that he was absolutely sure that all car-care products beyond a simple wash are simply snake-oils made of lies. *gasp!* :eek:

I dug a little and found out that he has never once waxed his car. Because his clearcoat hasn't yet failed, he sees that as undeniable proof that wax is unnecessary and not beneficial.

After class, I told him to come to my car and made sure that he felt how slick the paint was. Over the weekend, I had washed, clayyed, prepped with Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, and finished with P21S 100%. (My all-time favorite wax, right next to Pinnacle Signature Series II)

What happened then? He asked when I could help with his car. :cheers:

Bill1234
04-16-2015, 07:41 PM
I dont hate your friend, but people that are basic like this is what I absolutely hate. They make a very big assumption that their own idea is the be all to end all and that you do not need to do really much to care for a car.

ComradeGrumbles
04-16-2015, 08:10 PM
I agree.

In my mind, this isn't just a hobby. It's also a method of preserving my car's value. There are a few nicer used-car dealerships in my area that will only take prestine-looking cars. Granted, that doesn't guarantee mechanical reliability, but it sure helps sell a car.

Bill1234
04-16-2015, 08:51 PM
I agree.

In my mind, this isn't just a hobby. It's also a method of preserving my car's value. There are a few nicer used-car dealerships in my area that will only take prestine-looking cars. Granted, that doesn't guarantee mechanical reliability, but it sure helps sell a car.

Its just that the way the industry works. There is crap and then there is genuinely good stuff that is affordable, well made and works. People just take no interest and make literally crap statements or ideas based upon their own issues.

Vegas Transplant
04-17-2015, 11:16 AM
Reminds me of John 20:29..."Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

NYV6Coupe
04-17-2015, 11:50 AM
I agree.

when I traded-in my 2000 Accord EX V6 Coupe it had 178,000 MI on it. Salesman & his sales Mgr were so impressed with the body / paint / interior they offered me $300 more trade-in value than I expected that I'd have to fight for. sales Mgr said he'd put it on his lot, maybe the front line, if not for the mileage.

side benefit, no one even tried to sell me a paint protection package.