Fire Truck

Rroop32

Reaction score
I am stepping up to the plate and want to give one of my pride and joys a make over.
Since i have the responsibility of her upkeep i take pride in her condition. I am talking about a 2004 Peirce Dash Pumper View attachment 34142

last week i tackled her 22.5" Alcoa wheels with a flitz ball and Mothers Billet polish....and Ive got to say "WOW!!!" what a difference. Now me personally i have never machine polished one and every one Ive asked says " They dont know" the last time it has been waxed.

I have a PC 7424 and have used it on my personal vehicle. this week i plan to wax this beast. Only thing that bothers me are the many decals around the vehical. is it safe to use the PC on these, or should i hand apply around them and machine the rest??? I am pretty familiar with detailing as I take extremely good care of my personal vehicles. However i would not consider my self a professional.

And what would be the best looking polish on red paint???

Thanks!

I have done a ladder tower for a parade ,besides being the equivalent of waxing a house, I found the meguiars da system works very well.you will have no problem with the decals as long as you do not hammer on them.
I retired awhile ago but we used vista cleaner wax on ours. DuPont iron paint. Was like sandpaper in a can! Good luck!

I have done several details on fire apparatus. Yes, be a bit careful on decals, especially the edges, position your DA to it spins off the edges rather than onto them. They will clean up very nicely. I have done several Pierces from this era, Megs DA system (D300 with MF Cutting disc) works GREAT on this paint. Topped with #26, awesome.....Stay safe Brother :props:

We dont have a tower ladder but we do have a 100' straight stick....LOTS of nooks and crannies there. will look into the Megs DA system! Thanks Brothers!!!

Back