El Camino - 1986

eich

Reaction score
Process:

-Rinse
-Spray on de-greaser and let dwell few minutes (10:1 Orange Tough 40)
-Rinse
-Hand wash Megs Deep Crystal
-MF Towel Dry
-Megs Clay Kit
-Porter Cable DA
-Wolfgang Uber compound with orange pad
-Wolf gang finishing glaze white pad
-IPA Wipedown
-Collinite 915 with blue pad
-9.5 hours

Glass and chrome was up to him! I was beat! He was a friend so I could do that. :dblthumb2:

Looking blah after at least 10 years of HIS benign neglect:

FkIAVtg.jpg

77koT40.jpg

NnIbnBP.jpg

JwDEhNd.jpg

csHowhc.jpg

eieoTIe.jpg

Looking better after clay...

7Ta3zLv.jpg

...but still swirly

x62A3rN.jpg

U87q9ud.jpg

Looking better...

Gu6eccI.jpg

Not perfect. Probably could have done a more aggressive pad yet. But still vastly improved.

RGveF2a.jpg

eite99n.jpg

YvhWRkL.jpg

HQzf25N.jpg

XVlZDyB.jpg

bYb1SbS.jpg

1NchmqA.jpg

psh2OLv.jpg

Camaro nose?

Almost makes it look like one of the old FWD Dodge Rampage's

I think it was someone's attempt at making a choo-choo re-creation.

Looks like a cop was next to you. His car, or "move it along, sonny"?

Ha! No, it was his car.

I'm still learning, so this was done in trade for some woodworking. He got the better end of the deal. I grossly underestimated the miles of sheet metal on this thing.

Truth be told, I'm not even really a "car guy". My dad turned me off to the mechanics; having been forced to "watch" him do mechanical maintenance for all of my formative years.

However, the cleaning part actually stuck.

7Ta3zLv.jpg

Looks good, but his front tire (if not the others too) is on backwards

LOL! I'll be sure to tell him!

Thanks. That actually means a lot coming from a pro.

It's hard to calibrate the quality of one's work when most people in my social circle don't know what they are looking for. I mean, they know it looks good, but they don't know why, and they have no clue how long it takes.

Thanks. That actually means a lot coming from a pro.

It's hard to calibrate the quality of one's work when most people in my social circle don't know what they are looking for. I mean, they know it looks good, but they don't know why, and they have no clue how long it takes.

Ain't that the truth. Most people expect a "wax job" to take an hour or so. When I tell them it's going to be 8-10 hours or two days, they kind of get a blank stare. Like with my neighbor's F150 that I just did, he and his wife left for several hours and when they came back, they thought the truck was finished and said it looked great ... funny thing is, I hadn't finished compounding it yet and there wasn't a scrap of wax on the truck - except for the roof which I did all at once to get it out of the way.

Back