Klasse AIO/sealant on painted undercarriage?

ch35iM

Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions on what I can expect from using klasse AIO on faded black painted metal underbody components? Would it remove the oxidation and protect from rust? What about topping the klasse AIO with the klasse sealant on the undercarriage?

I've tried chemical guys bare bones but it's too oily and messy and annoying to have to reapply every wash. Also it gets on my brake discs and causes chattering / creaking for a while until the oil wears off. I'm also not a fan of those waxy undercoatings either, I just want my undercarriage to be shiny, dry to the touch, and protected.

Does anyone have any opinions on what I can expect from using klasse AIO on faded black painted metal underbody components? Would it remove the oxidation and protect from rust? What about topping the klasse AIO with the klasse sealant on the undercarriage?

Sure, that's likely to remove some/all of the chalkiness and topping with SG will certainly add some protection, but it's going to be pretty limited protection against what they put on the roads here during the winter.

I'm not sure about Klasse AIO because I've never used it. What I did with my truck is paint it. I used VHT Roll Bar and Chassis paint. I like the way it looks. It's been almost a year now and still looks good.

All I do to clean it now is wipe it with a damp rag. Comes out great.

View attachment 34187View attachment 34188View attachment 34189View attachment 34190View attachment 34191

That does look good! Painting isn't really in the question for me because is a fairly new BMW (2013) and something about taking fresh paint to the undercarriage of a newish car doesn't seem right in my head (plus its just a little chalky/oxidized, nothing serious -no rust or anything, just lack of gloss)

What does cause the factory underbody paint to get so chalky so quickly btw if anyone knows? I thought the paint they use under there was supposed to be high quality to protect and prevent rust and all that, almost every car I've detailed that was more than a few months old had really dull looking undercarriage parts even after being throughly cleaned.

Sure, that's likely to remove some/all of the chalkiness and topping with SG will certainly add some protection, but it's going to be pretty limited protection against what they put on the roads here during the winter.

Good point, I'm just hoping to make it shiny and give me some piece of mind knowing that there's *some* protection on it. I usually wash every week or 2 including underbody (well, at least apc spray down followed by pressure washer) in the winter anyway so I'm not overly concerned about the salt.

Your APC could be causing some of the chalkiness, but that's not exactly high quality paint on that stuff IMO.

Your APC could be causing some of the chalkiness, but that's not exactly high quality paint on that stuff IMO.

I usually use simple green, could that be part of the problem? If so, do you have any other recommendations?

I usually use simple green, could that be part of the problem? If so, do you have any other recommendations?

I have an idea, maybe you could use KAIO to remove the chalkiness, and KSG to seal it after. Seriously though, the paint on the undercarriage is just SS black like on steel wheels, it oxidizes, your plan should improve things.

I have an idea, maybe you could use KAIO to remove the chalkiness, and KSG to seal it after. Seriously though, the paint on the undercarriage is just SS black like on steel wheels, it oxidizes, your plan should improve things.

I'll give it a shot.

Honestly, the undercarriage expert is Accumulator over on Autopia, you can go ask over there.

Purple Power left a chalky mess on everything under there. I had to wipe it all down before I painted it.

Back