PDA

View Full Version : Spray on Engine delailers -- sticky or dirty?

MTHall51
09-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Has anyone tried the Stoner line or similar, where you spray it and leave it and found that it attracts dirt and dust or both? I am ready to try a spray on product as my final step in under the hood shining, but was wondering how that would work out as far as not attracting dirt is concerned.

BILL
09-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Has anyone tried the Stoner line or similar, where you spray it and leave it and found that it attracts dirt and dust or both? I am ready to try a spray on product as my final step in under the hood shining, but was wondering how that would work out as far as not attracting dirt is concerned.

I used that spray it and leave it and I did not leave it, I had to remove it. it never seemed to dry...sticky etc..:(

OCDetails
09-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Why not just buy CD2 Engine Detailer. It is designed for engine bays. The problem with using tire shines and such under the hood is that it can turn your hoses brown. I just spent a couple hours restoring the hoses under the hood of the car I just bought due to shoddy detailers cutting corners in the past. My advice would be to use the right tool for the job. :)

ScottB
09-05-2007, 04:53 PM
I use 303 Protectant (water based) dressing under the hood. It dries quickly, is removed with soap/water, and looks great without attracting dust.

Surfer
09-05-2007, 05:03 PM
303, Optimum Protectant Plus, CD2, and Armor All Tire foam are your best bets.

BILL
09-05-2007, 05:07 PM
303, Optimum Protectant Plus, CD2, and Armor All Tire foam are your best bets.

How about the Armor All Original Protectant :confused:

Surfer
09-05-2007, 05:10 PM
How about the Armor All Original Protectant :confused:The old stuff was crap, the new formulation is nice and water-based and dries to the touch so its good as well. Anything that "drys" is what you want in the engine, I used some Black Magic crap back in the day one time and engine was caked it dust/dirt/grime as it left a residue everywhere. 303 and Optimum leave a similar look, just "protected" if that makes sense, Armor All Foam leaves a nice dark sheen and I like it the most, and I didn't get to use CD2 as I have no friggen idea where my can went lol.

BILL
09-05-2007, 05:14 PM
The old stuff was crap, the new formulation is nice and water-based and dries to the touch so its good as well. Anything that "drys" is what you want in the engine, I used some Black Magic crap back in the day one time and engine was caked it dust/dirt/grime as it left a residue everywhere.

OK Thanks Surfer ;)

MTHall51
09-05-2007, 07:15 PM
I use 303 Protectant (water based) dressing under the hood. It dries quickly, is removed with soap/water, and looks great without attracting dust.

Is this the same thing that is a good choice for dash, plastic, vinyl?