2014 Pearl White Pathfinder Platinum

Loonysup

Reaction score
My wife's Pearl White Pathfinder is approaching its first birthday so I figured I'd spoil it a little. The paint was in good shape with no real swirls or marring. One thing that has been bothering me is that it the metallic didn't appear sharp. It had almost a cloudy or hazy appearance. I have never polished the car but it was clayed and topped with Collinite 845 about 4 months ago.

I took this as an opportunity to try some new (to me) products including HDSpeed and DP tire restorer and cleaner.

I'm really digging the DP tire cleaner. I used it on my Mustang as well and it did an excellent job on both cars.

This was my first time using HDSpeed and I'm impressed with this as well. I used a tangerine hydrotech polishing pad on the HF DA and the results were fantastic. I topped it with Collinite 845 to hopefully add to the longevity. I know people will ask "why not HDPolish if you were going to top it anyway?" (I've been around this forum long enough). I wanted to add an AIO to my arsenal to use on family or friends cars and have read such great things about Speed that I wanted to give it a try. The car looked good after just the speed, but IMHO looked even better with the 845 on top.

Unfortunately I didn't get any before pics that really show the cloudiness in the paint. Here are the after pics.
b10a645fecdbc325836bd2eab858d1cc.jpg

d2f004f537fee5ed186a4cccdc09b633.jpg

1e3e70d59f8b83cfb282d33943bdde4b.jpg

992484f7cac3d6268876699bbbf26595.jpg

I enlisted my nine year old son to clean the wheels and tires. He asked why he got that job and I told him "because you're closer to them".
bd714c4ae7de473382c52b421f1aad2d.jpg

He did a great job though. The tires were hit with new Armor all tire glaze. The verdicts still out on this one.
64c347fb8d07681dfea2af3920ee97df.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments and questions always welcome.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great David! Looks like your son did an amazing job too:)

Nice job. The platinum is top of the food chain. How does she like it so far?

Nice job. The platinum is top of the food chain. How does she like it so far?

We absolutely love it. It rides great and is extremely comfortable for longer trips. I'll probably never be able to buy her another vehicle that doesn't have the around view cameras. My only gripe is that the Nav/infotainment screen is a bit antiquated. I can't wait for Apple and Google to take this over completely.

David

Great job, I'm liking the armor all tire glaze, might have to try some

Great job, I'm liking the armor all tire glaze, might have to try some

It looks great on the cars as they sit in the garage. My concern is that it is somewhat tacky still. I put it on my Mustang Thursday evening and it picked up sand somewhere on Friday (my punishment for trading cars with the wife for the day). I was able to clean it off with some QD but I'm not sure if the tackiness will go away.

David

Back