A few reviews...check it out

A1monky

Reaction score
A few mitt reviews, check it out!

I detailed my GFs car and my car this weekend. I used a few new (to me) products.
Here is my small review, for all the mitts I tested I used Poorboys SSS, and the 2 bucket method.

Ulti-mitt double pack- Used on my GFs mustang. I used the red mitt on the car and the yellow mitt on the wheels. I liked these mitts a lot. They held a lot of water, and suds. The dirt washed out very well, all I did was spray it with the hose, and all the grime got out of the grit. I as concerned with dirt getting trapped inside the gritted foam blocks. But, that was not the case. The one thing that I did not like is the size and stiffness of the mitts. I had a hard time getting the red mitt under the door handles. And, the wheels on my EVO have to many spokes for the yellow mitt to easily reach. For most stock wheels, like the ones on my GF’s mustang it worked well. I have used the white and black shmitts for a while now. I will continue to use my black shmitt, because it can get into small spaces better than the yellow ulti-mitt. I was more impressed with the red ulti-mitt. I think that both the white shmitt, and the red Ulti-mitt are great choices for anyone.
Personally I think that the manufactures of the new foam mitts need to make there products A LOT smaller and more flexible.

Cobra Microfiber mitt- This was a surprise stand out. I used this mitt on my GF’s car it worked great!! This mitt is just the right size, and it is flexible enough to easily fit in small spaces. I am thinking about buying another one and using it only for wheels. Even though the mitt looks thin, since it is MF it holds a lot of water and sudds. This mitt will not disappoint. And the fact that you can wash it just like all your other fiber makes cleaning a no brainer. I just threw it in with my towels I used to QD the car.

Cobra Cotton Chenille mitt- This mitt was the stand out of all of the mitts I tested. I tried closing my eyes and I could have sworn I was using a lambs wool mitt. The cotton did not shed much at all, only on the rear emblems. The wrist strap was very secure I was never worried about it falling off. This will be the mitt that I use most of the time.

Blue and white foam applicator pads. - These are great! I already liked the Wolfgang orange and grey pad. The blue and white pads are bigger that the older WG pad. And the blue foam is a lot softer than the grey. I never used the orange part if the older pads. After I polished my truck with 106, I used the new white side to apply pinn. paint cleanse. And, then I used the blue side to apply wolfgang sealant.

Poorboys Professional polish- I was extremely disappointed with this product. After I polished my EVO I tried to use this to clean off all the residue from 106. It didn’t go of easy, and it didn’t come off any easier. I had to use poorboys spray and wipe to get off all the PPP. I tried using the WOWO method, and I tried doing to panels in a row then going back and wiping off the PPP. Nothing helped other than poor. spray and wipe. The worst part was it didn’t even get all the oils from 106. I had to go back to the tried and true pinn. paint. cleanse. Thankfully, the pinnacle worked great! Maybe someone can give me some tips for using this product right. I don’t see where I went wrong. I would be will to trade this bottle for some pinn paint cleanse.

Thanks for reading, this was my first review. I don’t have any pics sorry. I did take pics of my EVO detail, but I haven’t loaded them onto the computer yet. Since I have to get up at 5:30 tommorow I will not be doing that tonite.

Mike

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the reviews! That's weird, haven't seen a negative review on poorboy's pro polish. Who knows, hopefully someone will chime in. So why did you use that to take off 106's residue? :p. If possible can you please post pictures of the Cobra microfiber mitt and the Cobra Cotton Chenille Mitt? thanks :D They sound really interesting..like hidden gems.

I have been using a chemical polish after use 106 for few cars now. I do a 50/50 wipe down, and then use pinn paint cleanse, and then I seal (or wax).
I have found this it the best way to get off all of the oils that menz leaves behind. I will work on posting those pics.

Thank you for posting your reviews, glad you had a chance to try an assortment of the mitts for review.

Thanks to you I got to try the ulti-mitts. ;);)

IPoorboys Professional polish- I was extremely disappointed with this product. After I polished my EVO I tried to use this to clean off all the residue from 106. It didn’t go of easy, and it didn’t come off any easier. I had to use poorboys spray and wipe to get off all the PPP. I tried using the WOWO method, and I tried doing to panels in a row then going back and wiping off the PPP. Nothing helped other than poor. spray and wipe. The worst part was it didn’t even get all the oils from 106. I had to go back to the tried and true pinn. paint. cleanse. Thankfully, the pinnacle worked great! Maybe someone can give me some tips for using this product right. I don’t see where I went wrong. I would be will to trade this bottle for some pinn paint cleanse.

What pad and how much PP did you use? What did it look like on the paint? Did it go clear after you worked it in a little bit? How long did you shake the product for before use?

Sorry for the questions but here is where I'm coming from:
-Using a finishing pad will result in you needed to use less product, opposite for cutting and wool pads.
-If you used too much the paint would look milky and cloudy because of the excess product. A little goes a very, very long way. Also if you used too much, after working it in there would be a lot of residue left on the surface, which can be tricky to remove.
-The ingredients in PP do separate fairly fast so shaking the bottle every 10 mins of use may help as well.

- I used a white pad, and I applied it by hand.

- It dried to a translucent white, sorry its hard to describe. But there was a good amount of residue. no more than u get with pinn. cleanser.

- I dont think I used too much, I am pretty good at making alittle do a long way.

- I shook the bottle once before using it.

I guess there is a slight learning curve to get it working right. (as with most products) I will try it with a pc next time, that will give a more even application. I usually use the pc only for polishing. Since, I have a clear bra, and using the pc around it can be tricky.

Thanks for the help, I remember your thread when u used PPP to get out sanding marks. That was sick:awesome:

I thought Pro-polish was designed to use versus a polish, maybe it counter-reacted with Menzerna polish ???

I thought Pro-polish was designed to use versus a polish, maybe it counter-reacted with Menzerna polish ???

It says it is a non-abrasive formula, I was under the impression that it is a chemical polish. But, it could have reacted. I will have to try it without using menz.

PPP should be used via machine...with a rotary is best...it will "oil out" when fully broken down....and work like a paint cleaner and does minor correction at the same time when using a polishing pad....

I have been using a chemical polish after use 106 for few cars now. I do a 50/50 wipe down, and then use pinn paint cleanse, and then I seal (or wax).
I have found this it the best way to get off all of the oils that menz leaves behind. I will work on posting those pics.

Hmm interesting! Thanks for the info and for the pictures :)

PPP should be used via machine...with a rotary is best...it will "oil out" when fully broken down....and work like a paint cleaner and does minor correction at the same time when using a polishing pad....

So I should let it breakdown, just like any other polish. Thanks alot I will try that.

Here are the pics of the cotton chinelle and mircofiber wash mitts.
Sorry for taking to long to post them.

Cotton Chinelle
Picture098.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Microfiber mitt
Picture099.jpg

Picture100.jpg

Thanks for the pics! the MF mitt looks really fluffy. I'm thinking of picking one up sometime. My Shmitt just can't go between door handles, under the spoiler, etc.

the microfiber is my new favorite mitt. It easily gets into the door handles, and anywhere else.

Back