Metro Vac & Blo question

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a Metro vacuum sometime over the next few days. This is what's confusing me. I'm deciding between the portable with wheels & full sized model. Since both are 4hp, logic tells me the full sized one holds more debris. But, unless I'm missing something both use the same bags. I Googled this and see people saying the full sized one has higher capacity. Which makes sense, but if they both use the same bags how the hell does the "bigger" one hold more? What am I missing here

I just got the little one awsome vacuum whisper quiet and it has many different attachment even some very small ones. It is very powerful the demo video in the auto geek web store shows it picking up a bowling ball.
I thought I wanted the big one at first but I am very happy with mine.

I just got the little one awsome vacuum whisper quiet and it has many different attachment even some very small ones. It is very powerful the demo video in the auto geek web store shows it picking up a bowling ball.
I thought I wanted the big one at first but I am very happy with mine.

I like the size of the smaller one too, but the bigger one comes with more attachments and 2 extra 6' extension hoses. I'd love to have more hose, and if I was to buy the extra hoses and attachments the smaller one would wind up costing more than the larger one. Since the power specs appear to be the same, I'm wondering what exactly is the difference. My initial assumption was more room for debris, but they use the same bags so I'm confused.

I have the smaller one and it has exceeded my expectations over and over. Comes with plenty of attachments to get the job done and has plenty of power and capacity.

FYI Autopia has this on sale $225 plus 15% off no exclusions. If you are mobile I suggest the carry bag also. $60 I'm pretty sure this is Ok to post since Autopia is part of the AG family.

FWIW, here's the bag for the full size model (with a size 10 sandal for reference - lol), not sure how that would fit in the compact? My vac n blow works great for me, but haven't used the more compact model. Probably can't go wrong either way..:xyxthumbs:

watermark.php

FYI Autopia has this on sale $225 plus 15% off no exclusions. If you are mobile I suggest the carry bag also. $60 I'm pretty sure this is Ok to post since Autopia is part of the AG family.

Wasn't sure about posting, but that's what I ordered, got the carry bag and reusable cloth bag. And it came with the free spinning brush attachment. Even without the 15% off it was the best price I found around. IMHO crazy good deal. 15% off + free shipping + free brush = wOOp wOOp! Was a tough choice to buy it as I have limited funds and really wanted a Torq 10fx or MT300 with pads and some Menzerna stuff. But I figured I'd use a vac way more than a polisher, and my current big a$$ shop vac is loud, unruly and barely fits in my tiny car lol.

Question to anyone, I'm looking at the Bosch VAC005 5-Meter Vacuum Hose 35mm would it fit this vac? I can't find squat about the Metro's hose size. I've heard the one that comes with it is a big step up from normal shop vac hoses. But people rave about the Bosch one even more. And a 5 meter hose only costs about $10 more than a 6' Metro.

Man, that Bosch hose looks nice. Looks just like the longer 10' Rigid brand hose I bought to replace the crappy hose that came with my Rigid but sooo much longer at 16.4'.....I might have to order one and check it out since I need a longer hose for my basement Rigid vac.

Thanks for mentioning that, quebert.

Back