nanoskin

molarman

Reaction score
has anyone tried the nanoskin mitt fine grade vs normal claying? also, shouldnt u wash the car before using their so called bubble soap with this mitt? their video shows a guy using their brand of soap just following initial rinse; looks like this would induce scratches and swirls

Wash the car first

the nanoskin mitts, towels, sponges will mar the paint I recommend polishing afterwards to remove the marring.

I find if you use a lot of lube that with the blue pad I get no marring. If you use little or no lube it's going to leave lots of black stuff on the car. Nanoskin loves lots of Clay lube. And it will save you a ton of time versus traditional clay. Yet I still think regular clay does a better job overall. But I'm s school and have no real proof of that. It might be because I can see the contaminant particles on traditional clay and can only go by feel with the Nanoskin.

I use the Nanoskin Blue sponge and the Nanoskin Blue 6" Pad. If you use plenty of lube you will not have a marring issue. I no longer use clay as the Nanoskin Sponge/Pad are faster and if you drop the sponge you wipe of the dirt and keep on trucking.

I use a Rinseless Wash with a sprayer at a higher mixture for my lube.

As for marring...I have not had any of those issues. Nanoskin is better than traditional Clay IMO.

has anyone tried the nanoskin mitt fine grade vs normal claying? also, shouldnt u wash the car before using their so called bubble soap with this mitt? their video shows a guy using their brand of soap just following initial rinse; looks like this would induce scratches and swirls

Hi,

I just used it for the first time a few weeks ago.

I washed the car first with my blackfire shampoo. Then I mixed a new batch of soap with more soap and less water and used the blue mit. It worked great.

Wash the car.

Then, "clay".

I've use a few clay substitutes and have notice zero marring. I chalk this up to:

1. Amount of lube I use (a lot)

2. That my cars aren't super contaminated.

3. I use good technique.

I think the dirtier the car - the more marring you will get, regardless of what you use to decon it.

Wash the car.

Then, "clay".

I've use a few clay substitutes and have notice zero marring. I chalk this up to:

1. Amount of lube I use (a lot)

2. That my cars aren't super contaminated.

3. I use good technique.

I think the dirtier the car - the more marring you will get, regardless of what you use to decon it.

#3 Is a good point. No matter what product you use, technique is very important.

PS. MUCH easier then when I've clayed in the past.

:iagree: I used to have a clay bar laying around just in case I might switch...now I can't find it!!...LOL

But IMO the Nanoskin is the way to go to clay. I use the Blue bar/pad which is all I need. I can't comment about the Red as I have never used it and see no need to in the foreseeable future.

Is jrock like drunk out of his mind?

I'm so happy to hear all this stuff about the Nanoskin. Got one and can't wait to use it!

I washed my Black 2015 Yukon with Megs Hyperwash and then mixed a new bucket with quit a bit of Megs Ultimate Wash and Wax and used the Blue Nano wash mitt. No marring and the paint felt like baby's a$$.

I used the nanoskin blue fine mitt on my black accord a few weeks ago for the first time. I used BF Rinseless Wash diluted 1:16 for lube and didn't notice any marring (lubed liberally). This was after a power rinse, foaming decon wash, and another power rinse. Pinnacle Ultra Poly always left some marring on this soft paint.

Tell us about the technique involved in putting big black dicks up your ass. We're all interested, tell us!

talking this kind of language is going to earn you a permanent vacation, I would quit while you are ahead...

I too enjoy using the Nanoskin mitt. Lots of lube and break it in on the glass. Claying goes by so fast with it.

For those of you using your wash soap as a lube, what is the technique? Do you dip the sponge in the wash solution and then run it along the panel?

I've only used my Nanoskin blue pad a couple of times with Nano Glide and had horrible marring...to the point I'm tempted to go back to my trusty clay which only left minimal marring, if at all. I've tried increasing amounts of lube and higher concentrations of Glide, but nothing seems to help.

I really like the idea of the pads being reusable and the fact you just rinse it off after being dropped is great. However, the marring is going to earn it a trip to the dark regions of my garage if I can't figure something out.

For those of you using your wash soap as a lube, what is the technique? Do you dip the sponge in the wash solution and then run it along the panel?

I've only used my Nanoskin blue pad a couple of times with Nano Glide and had horrible marring...to the point I'm tempted to go back to my trusty clay which only left minimal marring, if at all. I've tried increasing amounts of lube and higher concentrations of Glide, but nothing seems to help.

I really like the idea of the pads being reusable and the fact you just rinse it off after being dropped is great. However, the marring is going to earn it a trip to the dark regions of my garage if I can't figure something out.

First I washed the car with a regular MF towel.

Then I simply mixed a heavy concentration of shampoo (fist tine I used BF shampoo second time I used Sonax) and dunked the mit in the bucket. I 'slop' sone of the soapy water kn the area I am about to do, and use only light pressure.

I've only used my Nanoskin blue pad a couple of times with Nano Glide and had horrible marring...to the point I'm tempted to go back to my trusty clay which only left minimal marring, if at all.

I'm glad you said this. I used Glide at 1:7 with my mitt and had bad marring as well (my mitt was broken in on the glass first). I didn't have this problem when I was using GG Speed Shine or using Nanoskin's bubble bath soap. I basically mixed up the nanoskin soap per their instructions in a bucket and used the wash mitt to do the cleaning on the microfiber side then flipped it over to do the decontamination. It worked pretty well, but my car wasn't heavily soiled at the time. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable using just the microfiber side of the mitt to wash a really dirty car. Maybe others have experience with this.

I'm glad you said this. I used Glide at 1:7 with my mitt and had bad marring as well (my mitt was broken in on the glass first). I didn't have this problem when I was using GG Speed Shine or using Nanoskin's bubble bath soap. I basically mixed up the nanoskin soap per their instructions in a bucket and used the wash mitt to do the cleaning on the microfiber side then flipped it over to do the decontamination. It worked pretty well, but my car wasn't heavily soiled at the time. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable using just the microfiber side of the mitt to wash a really dirty car. Maybe others have experience with this.

I think we may be on to something. Glide might be the culprit. I'll try using my car wash soap or something else next time like my bottle of trusty Meguiars QD spray.

I've never been impressed with Glide. It seems too soapy and not slick enough for a clay lube, no matter how concentrated it's mixed. No idea what I'll use the stuff for now, as I already have QD and waterless wash solutions I like better for QD duty.

Back