PDA

View Full Version : Wheel cleaning tools

Pages : [1] 2

Coopers ST
07-07-2015, 11:48 PM
Hey all,
My Focus ST brakes create lots of dust. My wheels get extremely dirty as a result. As of now I use a soft brush, and wheel wollies and do an ok job. I was thinking of adding a new brush and wanted to know your thoughts on a couple products. One is a Daytona Speed Brush, the other is an Ace Turbo Stick or equivalent on each.
Thanks

BrianMcLeod
07-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Are you talking about cleaning the actual wheel? Or the caliper? To make cleaning the wheel a lot easier I would put a coating on it! And they will look better too.

af90
07-08-2015, 12:00 AM
What product are you using to clean the wheels? A dedicated wheel cleaner or APC or diluted?

I think the best thing you can do, although sacrificing performance slightly, would be to swap brake pads to less dusting ones.

wdmaccord
07-08-2015, 12:06 AM
Daytona Speedmaster is a must-have in my opinion.

Coopers ST
07-08-2015, 12:11 AM
Yes cleaning the wheel not the caliper. For the chemicals either Sonax, or Eagle 1 A to Z

OTSDetail
07-08-2015, 12:13 AM
Ah.... used to have an ST..... switch to hawk HPS and all your brake "troubles" will go away.

Use sonax or similar with a speedmaster brush, then coat them with DLux or similar. I've had no issues with that combo ever. Grab a few boars head brushes for lug nuts and valve stems and hard to reach places! Especially the little triangles on the stock ST wheels (if you still have those of course.)

FinishingTouchA
07-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Use an acid wheel cleaner to deep clean them then coat with DP Wheel coating or CQ DLUX and use paint shampoo for the next year until they need coated again.

808_detail_nut
07-08-2015, 02:49 AM
Daytona brush and a boars hair brush for the lugs. Then buy some ceramic pads so the dust issue is resolved thus less cleaning. Lol. I have a f150 and the dust was horrid until I got some ceramics. Now there is barely any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

d33p
07-08-2015, 04:58 AM
If you are using Sonax and wheel woolies and its not getting it done, then somethings wrong.

It cuts right through my BMW brake dust with ease. My daytona brush never gets used and therefore never sprays grime all over my arms.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-08-2015, 04:59 AM
I was thinking of adding a new brush and wanted to know your thoughts. One is a Daytona Speed Brush

This.

Audios S6
07-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Hey all,
One is a Daytona Speed Brush

They to fling dirty water back at you under almost any circumstance. Regardless, I still use mine. I also have a similar spoke brush with tampico fibers that's a bit more aggressive, but has yet to scratch a wheel when I soak it well to soften the fibers a bit.

These guys, I have the larger one and it fits nicely in my OE BBS RC wheels.
Wheel brushes for spoke wheels, deep set spoke wheel brush, large wheel brush, wheel brushes (http://www.autogeek.net/derewiwhbr.html)

Angus
07-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Whatever brush you go with, buy a coating!!! Cleaning my BMW's rims has been a breeze since coating them with DP's Wheel Coating.

808_detail_nut
07-08-2015, 01:34 PM
http://youtu.be/6kDCWmYYEJ4 if your worried about getting a little dirty when you use a Daytona then look at Mr. Doyle's genius 10 cent fix.

sproketser
07-08-2015, 05:48 PM
http://youtu.be/6kDCWmYYEJ4 if your worried about getting a little dirty when you use a Daytona then look at Mr. Doyle's genius 10 cent fix.

lol , that s a great idea , thanx for sharing .

Mask
07-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Wheel woolies ;)