Hd Adapt?

Lambo1

Reaction score
Looking for some input from hd adapt users.Thinking about purchasing.I do have hd cut and polish.Thanks in advance.

Thanks! what is most used pad that you pair it with?

Pink LC pad that I order from Detailed Image. What polisher are you using?

I have Makita,flex 3401,and 21 Rupes but mostly use cut/polish with Makita lc Orange for cut and white for hd polish

You will love Adapt with the pink foam. Also try the HD black Turkish wool pads

yah I did see those on their site.Are you finishing down ok with just adapt?

Never, I always use a finishing polish. I want the most gloss possible

I have had Adapt for a while and I have trouble with my technique.

tdekany: What's the best way to use Adapt with those wool pads? Do you prime them or just use a few small dots?

Ok didn't think so,I seen in another forum a guy said was able to 1 step with it.

HD Adapt is fantastic... it can certainly be used as a one-step in many cases.

We use it often, but this video was taken on my mother-in-law's Nissan Murano. HD Adapt, Rupes LHR21 on Speed 4, Orange LC Foam. Above average defect removal with no detectable marring/haze which gets my stamp of approval for a successful one step correction.

[video=youtube_share;-uNt1YyKcYI"]HD Adapt - Paint Correction - YouTube[/video]

Another example on this ZL1 with Adapt on White LC Foam.
[video=youtube_share;MGyWy3qZUao"]2013 Camaro ZL1 - Paint Correction - YouTube[/video]

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...american-muscle-2013-zl1-polished-coated.html

We also have Cut & Polish, yet we use Adapt way more often than either of those two for some reason.

-Zach

Well you can, but I don't stop there - I want a great finish, not a good enough finish.

What's the work time like for HD adapt ? I have it and used it a couple of times with a GG6 DA and it seems to dry on me after the second section pass (after initial priming, 3-4 dots and 18x18 section, first couple of passes with downward pressure, BnS cutting pad). It doesn't dust in the subsequent passes but no oily/smeary/pad pattern is left and feels like I am doing section passes over dry surface (correction isn't at par with what I get from sonax 4/6 (or even menz PF2500) same technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problems with some paints with HD Adapt

What I have found is that ADAPT likes low heat. So if you are using stiff pads, you may run into issues, but normally the product has a long working time.

I Like HD 3d adapt
im just curious how the new AAT Polishing compares
Its 1 point lower on the abrasive chart then Adapt, but also priced higher..

HD Adapt is great...I prefer using it on MF pads though.

Back