CarPro Eraser vs. Menz Top Inspection

Top Inspection is more of an IPA wipe down. I use it to clean and prep for sealant/wax. IT IS NOT a QD or a spray wax. As for Carpro Eraser I have never used it so I cannot comment on it.

If you are looking at Top Inspection as a QD or Spray Wax...do not use it. Definitely look else where. Top Inspection is a great IPA substitute. No need to guess the alcohol content.

I use Top Inspection as my goto cleaner/prep for sealant/wax after I have compounded and Polished.

I was looking to use it after polishing to get ready to LSP. Both products say that is their purpose. I didn't want to mess around making my own IPA

•Menzerna Top Inspection...$20 for 16oz.
-Water-based; non-flammable
-Has no silicones or fillers to leave behind.

•CarPro Eraser.....................$15 for 16oz.
Contains:
-Isopropyl Alcohol... < 30%
-Dionized water... > 60%
-Sodium lauryl ether sulfate...1%-3%
-Odor additive...1% (proprietary)

According to CarPro:
Leaves some surfactant film behind

•Alternatives
(some are less expensive than Menz TI and Eraser) :
-3M Prep Solvent
-DuPont PrepSol
-Wurth Clean Solve
-Optimum Power Clean (@2:1)

Bob

As always thanks Bob for the detailed input. Based on my experience I really like Top Inspection and have done well with that. As for CarPro i do not want to leave a little surfacant film behind....eeewwwww!!!!.....LOL

Thanks Bob! you need to change your avatar to Yoda LOL

Hilarious Sir

I was looking to use it after polishing to get ready to LSP. Both products say that is their purpose. I didn't want to mess around making my own IPA

They're both ~ $1.00 per ounce

Just in case you change your mind, in a 16 ounce bottle:

1/2 ounce (to a little less) Meg's D114
2 ounces 70% IPA
13.5 Ounces Distilled water

Cost: ~ 5 cents per ounce

It's around 9% IPA...and nothing left behind. :props:

hope it helps

You can also add Meguiar's D114 at 15:1 to that alternative list.

•Menzerna Top Inspection...$20 for 16oz.
-Water-based; non-flammable
-Has no silicones or fillers to leave behind.

•CarPro Eraser.....................$15 for 16oz.
Contains:
-Isopropyl Alcohol... < 30%
-Dionized water... > 60%
-Sodium lauryl ether sulfate...1%-3%
-Odor additive...1% (proprietary)

According to CarPro:
Leaves some surfactant film behind

•Alternatives
(some are less expensive than Menz TI and Eraser) :
-3M Prep Solvent
-DuPont PrepSol
-Wurth Clean Solve
-Optimum Power Clean (@2:1)

Bob
Eraser doesnt leave anything behind! the small percent SLES is to break the oil residues from the polish, lift them up, the alcohol wipes all together from surface after.

Eraser doesnt leave anything behind! the small percent SLES is to break the oil residues from the polish, lift them up, the alcohol wipes all together from surface after.
Oh well:
One day it does; next day it doesn't...

Why must we be put through these
types of never ending battles?

Bob

Avi, can you please explain this copy from one of Carpro's US retailers? Are these anti-static components left behind? Do they modify the surface charge without leaving a residue? Are they functioning in some other manner?

Eraser also has anti-static components to resist dusting after wiping. The paint will stay dust-free while you’re in the process of applying Cquartz so you don’t have to keep re-cleaning panel by panel.

What about Blackfire Crystal Coat Paint Prep? I pretty sure it weighs in somewhere here.

Avi, can you please explain this copy from one of Carpro's US retailers? Are these anti-static components left behind? Do they modify the surface charge without leaving a residue? Are they functioning in some other manner?

Eraser also has anti-static components to resist dusting after wiping. The paint will stay dust-free while you’re in the process of applying Cquartz so you don’t have to keep re-cleaning panel by panel.
The anti static agent is very temporary and doesnt last long over the surface , no residues left, its only to eliminate the static electricity build up over the surface , thats why its no problem to use the Eraser prior to Cquartz or any other coating , wax even as well. HTH

The anti static agent is very temporary and doesnt last long over the surface , no residues left, its only to eliminate the static electricity build up over the surface , thats why its no problem to use the Eraser prior to Cquartz or any other coating , wax even as well. HTH

Thanks for clearing that up!

•An antistatic agent works by leaving a film behind:
a barrier that acts to lessens surfaces' electric charge.

•So...
If you're saying that the antistatic agent in Eraser is
temporary/doesn't last long over a surface...doesn't
that also mean that it must be a highly volatile substance?

•If that be the case:
-How does it keep the paint free from dust, and other
contaminates, during the entire time that it takes
to apply any of the CarPro Coatings...(or, as far
as that goes: any other manufacturers Coatings)?

-Wouldn't most of it have "evaporated" by then?

Also:
-What happens to any of the antistatic agent that was covered up by the initial Coating application...the antistatic agent that didn't even have the chance to be only temporarily on the surface?

Something just seems amiss, IMO.

Bob

^^^^^^What are you trying to accomplish, you are overthinking the product. Are you looking for a time table on how long the anti static agent is present? You simply wipe eraser on prior to coating and then apply coating, it works because I have applied many Cquartz coatings with no problems.

Back