How to not detail your Nismo GTR

mark98xlt

Reaction score
Saw this last weekend at the dsm shootout at Norwalk Ohio, yes it disgusted me and no way I could stop it from happening as they were deep into the focus of detailing this thing.. The wrong destructive way..

On with the pics..

View attachment 36549

View attachment 36550

View attachment 36551

Yes those are bath towels they are wiping the panels with after using a spray wax of some sort..

At least it's white... lol

Also, that's not a Nismo! it's an 09-11 model.

Nismo = $150k+
09-11 = $70k

Ignorance is bliss.

I used to do the same thing back in the day when I had my first car (age 16)... I liked to keep my car clean, but at the time that simply meant washing it on a weekly basis, and waxing it every month or so. Washing was a one bucket method (yes, wheels, tires, paint... all one bucket), drying with old bath or beach towels, using super shiny silicone dressings, etc. I simply didn't know any better... and guess what, I also don't ever remember seeing swirls... know why? I didn't know what they were! So again, ignorance is bliss :) I miss those carefree days sometimes.

This looks a very good car wash detailing :autowash:actually as long as you compare it with this ( you can find in the tunnel at the end of day: side mirrors, wiper blades, exterior trim... water in the headlights is a norm...if new car enters this car wash must be brought straight for a paint correction & even repainting...my friend went there once only & left with the water inside new Volvo headlight, other guy got a hit on the roof that paint was scalped off on the sides, really horror car wash.
But as owners mother's boyfriend told me, people are stupid, they come & come even more.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

I love how you stood there and photographed these guys lol

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

This looks a very good car wash detailing :autowash:actually as long as you compare it with this ( you can find in the tunnel at the end of day: side mirrors, wiper blades, exterior trim... water in the headlights is a norm...if new car enters this car wash must be brought straight for a paint correction & even repainting...my friend went there once only & left with the water inside new Volvo headlight, other guy got a hit on the roof that paint was scalped off on the sides, really horror car wash.
But as owners mother's boyfriend told me, people are stupid, they come & come even more.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

I died!!!!!!! :laughing:

Yes those are bath towels they are wiping the panels with after using a spray wax of some sort..

You guys make it sound like they are washing the car with the sponge side of the window squeegee from the gas station (saw that yesterday, actually).

Seriously, so few people even wash their cars anymore, it's good to see anyone taking care of any car. Stop harassing people who aren't detailing geeks because of their methods and techniques. Most people don't give a crap about microfiber naps, $400 orbital buffers or the "2-bucket method" like those of us on this forum.

Making fun of people for taking care of their cars is really counterproductive to the ethos of this forum. Being prima donnas about washing and waxing cars just turns away enthusiasts and casual detailers.

You guys make it sound like they are washing the car with the sponge side of the window squeegee from the gas station (saw that yesterday, actually).

Seriously, so few people even wash their cars anymore, it's good to see anyone taking care of any car. Stop harassing people who aren't detailing geeks because of their methods and techniques. Most people don't give a crap about microfiber naps, $400 orbital buffers or the "2-bucket method" like those of us on this forum.

Making fun of people for taking care of their cars is really counterproductive to the ethos of this forum. Being prima donnas about washing and waxing cars just turns away enthusiasts and casual detailers.
I agree. The only time I give people #### is when they say they're professional detailers but clearly hacks. I know a guy who owns a 458 and knows what I do and how good I am, but doesn't care. He specifically said, "I've got a Ferrari. I want to spend my time driving it, not cleaning it. As long as I can keep it clean, I don't really care if there are swirls and scratches."

No issues with that.

Very good point.

very well said....I'm a newB myself at this and am just starting to get into the scratch and swirl removing.... But yes most ppl don't care about all that stuff so long as their car isn't dirty.... I just urge them to at least do it themselves and stay away from the Auto washes and self clean station brushes

This reminds me of something that happened yesterday... A woman goes to parallel park her Prius and she has like 45 feet to park her 20-foot car. Inevitably she bumps the new car behind her and I cringe. Then she does the unthinkable and pushes her gas pedal more and to my amazement the Prius had enough power to damage the other car (sarcasm). So I watch from my car parked across the street to see if the driver will leave a note or atleast check for dammage, she didn't even bat an eye at her bumper or the other cars bumper. I mention to my friend who is just coming out of her house (I was waiting outside to pick her up) that I need a pen and paper, she keeps pressing me "why" so I explain what happened and she runs after the woman who hit the parked car to give her #### (that wasn't my plan). The driver denies hitting the car and I explain "where is the logic in me making this up, and why is there damage on both cars?"... Clearly I have nothing to gain as I don't detail or paint cars professionally but deep down inside if that was my car I'd like a note at the very least.

The bumper needed a repaint (paint was all wrinkled) and some clips broke (I could hear popping and cracking of plastic when she hit).

Note: I despise the Prius and rather pour gas on the ground than own one

Back