What is this bubble?

Clutch34

Reaction score
I just noticed this on the roof of my younger brother's car. It happened after a pretty hot day when the car was sitting in the parking lot all day. There hasn't been any wax or sealant placed on the car in years. Any ideas?

I just noticed this on the roof of my younger brother's car. It happened after a pretty hot day when the car was sitting in the parking lot all day. There hasn't been any wax or sealant placed on the car in years. Any ideas?

tree sap?

I'm relieved! I thought it was something serious! Thanks!

I'm relieved! I thought it was something serious! Thanks!

Don't be relieved! Tree sap is serious! If not removed promptly.
It will eat through the clear-coat and etch. You want to remove that as soon as possible.

Here is the quick down and dirty method... (20 minutes or less).

In lieu of doing full paint correction (i.e. making a whole day of it), I would wash it off and get as much as you can off. Then use a small MF applicator with some Megs Scratch-X on just the area of the sap, use your finger on MF Cloth to really work it in. Then wipe... Inspect and if it looks like the sap is gone, go over the spot with some wax/sealer... Anything will really work (remember this is the down and dirty - not perfection).

Later on, you can explain to your brother how you can get those swirls and scratches out with paint correction. But you're younger bro will owe you! LOL :-)

Oh wow, didn't know it was that serious! Thanks for the heads up!

And yes, he'll definitely owe me after I'm done making his car look new!

Oh wow, didn't know it was that serious! Thanks for the heads up!

And yes, he'll definitely owe me after I'm done making his car look new!
Bug and tar remover works too. Just try to find one that says it works on tree sap.

Back