PDA

View Full Version : Sealents--WG and DP

HighEndDetail
09-17-2007, 09:02 PM
What is the difference between these two sealents. Beside the .oz size, and a price difference.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 16 .oz

DP Premium Surface Shield Paint Sealant 12 .oz

I have only used the DP PSSPS. And I really like how it works and the look of it. So if you have used both please let me know the difference
Thanks

supercharged
09-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Wolfgang will slightly pop you matallic flakes, and at the same time give you a warm look of carnauba...
DP will give you a slight sterile look, pop you metallic flakes very well, but it will not have the warm look of carnauba...

So it really comes down to personal preference...

Jimmie
09-18-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm with you Ed. Have only used DP and really like it. I saw the price that you listed above so I looked it up. Great bang for the buck still but it used to come in a 32 oz-er. I've also wanted to try WG DGPS.

wytstang
09-18-2007, 12:47 AM
I'm slowly doing my car with WG right now (removing swirls and other paint prep sections at a time) and I just love how easy it is to apply then remove 30 min later (think UPP). WG is the only sealant thats going to stay in my stash.

DantheMan
09-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Would you like to try the WG DGPS and decide for yourself?

I have 6oz I can sample out, if you (or anybody else) want some, drop me your address.

ScottB
09-18-2007, 06:03 PM
I think DP and Four Star are more reflective and slicker initially than Wolfgang ... and Wolfgang has more of a warm carnauba like look.

mkuzmukerau
05-25-2008, 08:36 AM
I have both and IMHO Wolfgang is a better product. It seems to hold up much longer, and gives a better finished look. Now I haven't tried the new version of WG, but here its even better..