Re-Coating with CQ UK

MarkD51

Reaction score
Hi All, I asked this question over at the Carpro Forum a week ago, but never got a response.

On a vehicle that has once been coated with CQ UK, and the only other protective product periodically used after was Carpro Reload, how does one then recoat?

And without the use again of Polishes?

Can just a paint cleanser be used, and then perhaps a wipe with CP Eraser?

The paint really needs no correction, and would prefer no polishes if possible unless a spot an area that might need a little.

Any tips, or has anyone done this?

I do have two good PBMG Paint Cleansers (Pinnacle-DP) and CP Eraser on hand.
Thanks

I would do a light polish, with a combination of IronX (or similar) and clay. That for sure will remove the existing coating.

If you do not want to polish, I would say that a light clay followed by Eraser will do the trick.

First I am sorry I didn't see this on CPF. I would have answered there.

I actually have talked with Corey and have done exactly what you are looking for. I did an IronX application then I spot clayed and used TarX where needed. The is the wash with IronX soap and Reset mixed. This created the surface neede to re-coat. Then I simply did an Eraser wipe down and re-coated. It worked great.

I did CQUK over 2.5 year old CQ. And I am not any nearly 2 years on CQUK with no issues.

I would do a light polish, with a combination of IronX (or similar) and clay. That for sure will remove the existing coating.

If you do not want to polish, I would say that a light clay followed by Eraser will do the trick.

Don't think I'll need Iron-X, but I do have a bunch on hand. Probably wouldn't hurt anything. It's sort of a soap as well, and would probably as well cleanse the paint. Would actually prefer to skip that process in the interest of time, and as well bypass the "lovely" smell for two weeks! LOL

As for Iron Contamination, doubtful there is any, truck hasn't been driven much and it was fully Iron-X'ed prior to the first CQ UK Coating.

I'm trying to avoid polishes at all costs, but imagine the reload, acting as a topper, and might have products in it that may hinder bonding of another coat of UK, hoping to just get that off, without effecting what coating is still on the paint. (Might actually be all of it since reload was the sacrificial top coat?)

As for using the Paint Cleansers, this might work? This might all depend upon just how durable CP Reload is?

Probably the wisest move if going that route, cleanse, then test an inconspicuous spot with the coating first? The Roof perhaps, before moving onto more "visible" areas?

It will be the vehicle pictured in my avatar.

PS: I do have CP Reset on hand also

Back