PDA

View Full Version : Norwex... I just threw up

Pages : [1] 2

FinishingTouchA
10-01-2015, 11:06 PM
So I was just talking to a Norwex Sales Consultant (they are a microfiber mlm company) and she told me to look up a video on the car wash mitt. I got home and decided to check into it, figuring it would just be another sub-par car wash mitt. I have to say, I love the CarPro ones.
After watching one video I had to look up a few more, in hopes that they aren't all spreading this horrible info. Sad to say, everyone who sells Norwex or has been to one of their shows probably needs a $2000 paint correction. Not only are they not using 2 buckets, they aren't using ONR, AND they are wringing out the mitt before it goes to the paint, the worst ones (the guy in this video I linked) are washing black cars with a damp microfiber mitt without even going back to the bucket. I think I'm going to have nightmares tonight :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM5gwBzGfRA

Mad Wax
10-01-2015, 11:12 PM
Holy Geez!!

AutowerxDetailing
10-01-2015, 11:40 PM
I played through some other "Norwex" videos as well. Equally disturbing. There appears to be nothing special about the product. Just cheap, low quality microfiber mitts and towels like they sell at Walmart.

FinishingTouchA
10-02-2015, 12:15 AM
I played through some other "Norwex" videos as well. Equally disturbing. There appears to be nothing special about the product. Just cheap, low quality microfiber mitts and towels like they sell at Walmart.

I know, right? The even crazier thing is they sell them for 15-20 dollars a piece.

Welcome back to AG Nick! Haven't seen you on here all summer, must have been a busy one like mine. Now that the Oregon weather is coming I'm buckling down on marketing and growth plans for next year.

AutowerxDetailing
10-02-2015, 03:36 PM
I know, right? The even crazier thing is they sell them for 15-20 dollars a piece.

Welcome back to AG Nick! Haven't seen you on here all summer, must have been a busy one like mine. Now that the Oregon weather is coming I'm buckling down on marketing and growth plans for next year.

This summer we were slammed! It was awesome. 16 hour days most of the time... last Saturday I literally stayed up all night to finish a correction/coating job. When you love what you do it doesn't even feel like work.

Real Riders
10-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Norwex claims their microfiber towels contain BacLock which contains silver and the towels are self cleaning. The towels also do not require any chemicals to clean, only tap water. Has anyone done a review on the Norwex Wash Mitt and Car Cloth? I would like to see the results of washing one side with a Norwex Wash Mitt and Car Cloth using only tap water, and one side with ONR (with your choice of wash media) and see if there is any difference

WaxMaster1
10-03-2015, 12:22 PM
No idea what I just got done watching, but it was terribly annoying in fast speed, no audio and the video accomplished nothing. Never heard of Norwex and don't care to if videos like that are their "norm".

Damonsfcd
10-05-2015, 03:26 AM
Wow. I followed a short trail of videos featuring this product. I have to go yell into my pillow for a while.

kevincwelch
10-05-2015, 07:52 AM
Ha. At least in this one butter was used as the lubricant!

The Booms Clean Green: Car Wash - YouTube

dlc95
10-05-2015, 08:52 AM
Aren't they a "multi level marketing" operation?

pheerix
10-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Jeez at least other MLMs use packaging to hide the "secret ingredients". You can clearly just see these Norwex mitts are run of the mill MF mitts you can buy literally everywhere.

Rod73
10-05-2015, 12:35 PM
This disturbs me greatly. Especially considering people who don't know what they are doing watch YouTube videos!

dlc95
10-05-2015, 11:01 PM
I had a bit of a go round with one of their representatives..... It's like I'm trying to rationalize with a cult follower...

AutowerxDetailing
10-05-2015, 11:15 PM
I had a bit of a go round with one of their representatives..... It's like I'm trying to rationalize with a cult follower...

Would love to hear how the conversation went.

alpha
10-06-2015, 02:34 AM
I had a bit of a go round with one of their representatives..... It's like I'm trying to rationalize with a cult follower...Would love to hear how the conversation went.:iagree:

I also watched a couple more of the videos. They are all annoying; and of course, most of the finishes on the featured cars are hammered!