How do you care for your wash mitt?

sshazam

Reaction score
I've found many posts about caring for microfibre towels but non for caring for your wash mitt.

In the past I have been lazy and just left it at the bottom of the bucket to air dry. Now days I rinse under water to get all the gunk out, leave it outside to dry on the line and then put it in an air tight container till the next use. I've heard of some people putting theirs in the washing machine and washing with their towel.

How do you guys care for your wash mitt after your done washing ?

if it's a mf or sheepskin mitt, I fill up the bucket with clean water, massage all the soap out and also blast it with the hose, then squeeze all the water out before hanging it to dry (open the cuff) on a pant hanger with clips. also forget to mention i put the hose inside the mitt while closing off the cuff so water floods through it...

I'm not a pro, just a weekend duffer.

My wash & detailing process uses 1 microfiber wash mitt, 1 or 2 microfiber drying towels, 3 or 4 small cheap microfiber towels on wheels, grilles and exhaust, 2 or 3 on jams and trim, and 3 or 4 on the paintwork.

When I am done with the process, they ALL go in a bucket of almost untouchable hot water with a 1/2 cup of OxyClean. They soak over night, usually about 10-12 hours. They get a hand agitation the next morning, a complete rinse and wring, then a short wash in the washer using perfume-free Era. Dry in the dryer using low heat, and they are all good as new.

Even my cheap stuff lasts with this process, and all of the dirt and wax is removed after every use. I don't wash any microfiber with other types of fabric anymore, and that's a big help to keeping them in top shape, IMO.

I use the noodle mit and wash and dry (low heat) with my other drying towels.

I use a eggcrate doper soft last for months and best of all it's free

I wash it, rinse it and then brush it out. This is the CarPro Merino Wool Mitt.

For CarPro Merino Wool Mitts, I rinse, squeeze/shake out excess water and air dry on grit guard. Once dry, I brush out with dedicated brush.

Once a month (after 4x use), I hand wash with Woolite in warm/hot water and then do above process.

I use the MF Madness Icredisponge, the best wash medium I have found. I simply wash it with my MF towels and lightly dry as the towels and she's ready to go. This sponge is awesome, won't go back to anything ever.

Peace,

Darrin

I wash my MF mitt with my good/paint only MF towels at least once a month.... wash on HOT cycle with all free and clear then air dry in the dryer for 30 minutes then lay them out to air dry over night

Back