Beavis
11-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Man I do not know how people can charge that little of an amout. Lol

DetailKitty
11-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Woah :eek:

GSKR
11-11-2015, 10:55 AM
I see this all the time on cl,maybe there just trying to survive life on a day by day basis or drug promblem convicted felon can't get a job anywhere ,maybe 100 a day will suffice if they get 2 vehicles a day,better working somewhere else for 8.00 and hr.He or she may need flexibility I don't know what the low cost motives are is it a teaser rate,then he up sells .

Bill1234
11-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Man I do not know how people can charge that little of an amout. Lol

It is the problem I see alot in the industry as a hobbyist even. That guy charges 45 dollars so everyone that goes over that is too expensive. You need to charge to earn money, no matter what. I did a jeep for a friend in about 4.5 hours. Hypothetically If I charged 30 an hour, it would be about 130 dollars for the work preformed.

Think of it like contracting. Would you want a service charging 45 dollars to do that to a place of residence?

Joe@NextLevelDetail
11-11-2015, 11:45 AM
And these are the guys that make customers think if they spend 100 bucks you will spend 17 hours on there car lol.

Heck if there getting all that for 45bucks what can 100$ get you.

The best part is that guys job is more then likely pure crap.

He spends no more then 15 mins "steam cleaning"

And this is why when us honest hard working detailers who spend hours to do the job right. can not possibly charge that. It makes no sense

BMW435
11-11-2015, 11:49 AM

LSNAutoDetailing
11-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Just remember in everything in life; you get what you pay for.

GSKR
11-11-2015, 12:19 PM
And these are the guys that make customers think if they spend 100 bucks you will spend 17 hours on there car lol.

Heck if there getting all that for 45bucks what can 100$ get you.

The best part is that guys job is more then likely pure crap.

He spends no more then 15 mins "steam cleaning"

And this is why when us honest hard working detailers who spend hours to do the job right. can not possibly charge that. It makes no sense
:iagree: our professionalism is undervalued,and hacks like these guys ruin it.people here think I have a negative approach on subjects,but doing this for so long I can only speak the truth,with mobile detailing which I do,I get tons of rift raf customers I know in 3 minutes or less where there head is at,so I say to myself invest 15 min or abort.In this business you have to try hard as hell to market you're image.Its like any other business but a tinch harder,I posted 3 weeks ago about gender age people from 30 to 40 will have a interest of detailing there car ,but 99 percent of the time the deal falls apart.just continue to do great work be honest and have a professional attitude and the worthy clients will stack up overtime.I remember this lady called she had a 750 bmw brand new ,she wanted it waxed,I get there and the interior was full of dog hair,she wanted me to wax the car and remove the hair for 75.00 now I'm pissed,she said her old detailer would do it for that,I said ok where is he at.she said he now has a fulltime job I slammed the door and said no thank you,she said to me that i shouldn't be rude.she was talking to me in a very condensending way.so in essence you have to be a mind reader and detailer at the same time.

SeanChav
11-11-2015, 01:02 PM
I have something similar to this around me.... A guy charging $50 for a wash, polish and wax, with wheels and tires as well

Rockeey
11-11-2015, 01:07 PM
I see this all the time on cl,maybe there just trying to survive life on a day by day basis or drug promblem convicted felon can't get a job anywhere ,maybe 100 a day will suffice if they get 2 vehicles a day,better working somewhere else for 8.00 and hr.He or she may need flexibility I don't know what the low cost motives are is it a teaser rate,then he up sells .

Yep...probably something along these lines. Could be a young person 16-19 years old. Goes to Walmart and buys the least expensive soap and wax. Uses some of mom's old bath towels and other rags. Borrows dad's rarely used Harbor Freight portable steamer and shop vac. Fours hours worth of work, including drive time, and he's making a $12.50 per hour. Better than flipping burgers and a good way to start building a clientele. Bottom line, though, is the work being done is very basic and that's all some folks want when it comes to cleaning their vehicles. There is simply no comparison here to what a quality detail job involves or looks like and most folks simply do not realize that.

215Detailing
11-11-2015, 01:56 PM
:iagree: our professionalism is undervalued,and hacks like these guys ruin it.people here think I have a negative approach on subjects,but doing this for so long I can only speak the truth,with mobile detailing which I do,I get tons of rift raf customers I know in 3 minutes or less where there head is at,so I say to myself invest 15 min or abort.In this business you have to try hard as hell to market you're image.Its like any other business but a tinch harder,I posted 3 weeks ago about gender age people from 30 to 40 will have a interest of detailing there car ,but 99 percent of the time the deal falls apart.just continue to do great work be honest and have a professional attitude and the worthy clients will stack up overtime.I remember this lady called she had a 750 bmw brand new ,she wanted it waxed,I get there and the interior was full of dog hair,she wanted me to wax the car and remove the hair for 75.00 now I'm pissed,she said her old detailer would do it for that,I said ok where is he at.she said he now has a fulltime job I slammed the door and said no thank you,she said to me that i shouldn't be rude.she was talking to me in a very condensending way.so in essence you have to be a mind reader and detailer at the same time.

I feel your pain, I recently post on another thread how a guy was disappointed that I said $35.0 per hour for correction, but I knew from the gate he was a penny pincher, This is one part of the issue of renting a garage most garages in Philadelphia are a $1000. plus and since I have a regular job with beneifits I only need a garage part time, but can't rent because you have guys doing $10.00 basic wash (in & out) and socalled buffing for $100.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/44091-10-00-hand-car-wash-detailers.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/96388-how-ease-shock-buffing-costs-customer.html
I offer a SILVER DETAIL PACKAGE for $35.00 for a standard size car and have yet to get $35.00 and have had it in print for a couple of years now, I have to give a coupon for $15.00 off to get $20.00 and folks are still handing me $15.00 which was the rate I charged over 10 years ago because I work out of my driveway

*SILVER DETAIL: should be performed MONTHLY this DETAIL requires at
least two (2) hours depending on vehicle size & condition and STARTS AT
$35.00 FOR CARS ALL OTHERS ADD $10.00 or MORE.

EXTERIOR HAND WASH & DRY USING MICROFIBER TOWELS/AIR.
POLYMER ENHANCER/SPRAY WAX.
EXTERIOR & INTERIOR GLASS CLEANING.
DOOR JAMBS CLEANED.
TIRE CLEANING & DRESSING and WHEEL WELLS (IF APPLICABLE)
THOROUGH WHEEL/RIM CLEANING.

STANDARD VACUUM OF MATS/SEATS AND FLOORING.

STANDARD WIPEDOWN (DUSTING) OF INTERIOR CABIN.

STANDARD SIZE CARS & PICKUPS.................................$35.00
service (http://215detailing.com/service.html)

Paul A.
11-11-2015, 02:00 PM

Hahahaha! That's beautiful!!!

GSKR
11-11-2015, 03:57 PM
I feel your pain, I recently post on another thread how a guy was disappointed that I said $35.0 per hour for correction, but I knew from the gate he was a penny pincher, This is one part of the issue of renting a garage most garages in Philadelphia are a $1000. plus and since I have a regular job with beneifits I only need a garage part time, but can't rent because you have guys doing $10.00 basic wash (in & out) and socalled buffing for $100.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/44091-10-00-hand-car-wash-detailers.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/96388-how-ease-shock-buffing-costs-customer.html
I offer a SILVER DETAIL PACKAGE for $35.00 for a standard size car and have yet to get $35.00 and have had it in print for a couple of years now, I have to give a coupon for $15.00 off to get $20.00 and folks are still handing me $15.00 which was the rate I charged over 10 years ago because I work out of my driveway

*SILVER DETAIL: should be performed MONTHLY this DETAIL requires at
least two (2) hours depending on vehicle size & condition and STARTS AT
$35.00 FOR CARS ALL OTHERS ADD $10.00 or MORE.

EXTERIOR HAND WASH & DRY USING MICROFIBER TOWELS/AIR.
POLYMER ENHANCER/SPRAY WAX.
EXTERIOR & INTERIOR GLASS CLEANING.
DOOR JAMBS CLEANED.
TIRE CLEANING & DRESSING and WHEEL WELLS (IF APPLICABLE)
THOROUGH WHEEL/RIM CLEANING.

STANDARD VACUUM OF MATS/SEATS AND FLOORING.

STANDARD WIPEDOWN (DUSTING) OF INTERIOR CABIN.

STANDARD SIZE CARS & PICKUPS.................................$35.00
service (http://215detailing.com/service.html)

I have 5 car wash clients at 55 a car ,other than that the whole maintenance thing monthly isn't worth the time at 30 to 40 a car factor in gas chemicals wear and tear on the van and 9pm voicemails at night cause Johnny the customer needs his car done at 7:30 ,and if you can't commit guess what ,your history.so I refrain on washing cars took about a year to weed out the promblem cheap customers.look at hair salons for a example which I own one ,all the competitors in a 20 mi radius,there prices maybe 20 over or 20 under .I wish I knew how to cut hair those girls can make 600 a day ,and be home at 2 pm.I got a guy there that makes 1800 average a week and he is 66 years old go figure.

Beavis
11-11-2015, 04:53 PM
It is just crazy how people will do all that work for hardly anything. I mean to do it right a job like that should take at least 4 hours. I have seen so many like this around in my area and they do not last long. They come and go. Heck for $45 I might have my wife's car cleaned. Lol. I understand some just want make anything, but they could be making so much more if the job is being done right. I had someone one time that I need to lower my prices. I ended up raising them instead. Like someone here said already you get what you pay for.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
11-11-2015, 05:54 PM

I love the people that come up and say basic wash, and when you explain they say ya ya ya ya ya sounds great don't worry.

And when they come for a 25 dollar express wash they start feeling the car looking under the seats and ask if I waxed it.

Those are the guys who just drop off and hope they get the world.

Those are my favorites